The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Aug 2, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #3,932 of 5,797
Aug 2, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #3,933 of 5,797
No LOL, I am not looking to spend that kind of money, and I have no way to demo the Dave. Dave is safe from me...

The Verite is 300ohm. The TA does a decent job job with it, but I think I may eventually need an external amp to get the very best out of the Verite. With that in mind, folks have said that my RME ADI-2 is a pretty good DAC, and would match up well with a tube amp that is higher impedance (than a Solid state amp like the TA or RME), which is good for the Verites.
Damn, you're stiirring my audioneurosis. If you do this, as Verite and TA-Z are what I too have, and maybe go for the ampsandsound Mogwai SE and the RME, well, tell us about it, since that's my fantasy...

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #3,935 of 5,797
Damn, you're stiirring my audioneurosis. If you do this, as Verite and TA-Z are what I too have, and maybe go for the ampsandsound Mogwai SE and the RME, well, tell us about it, since that's my fantasy...
Well, I did upgrade my amp from the TA to the GS-X Mini. The Verite opened up with better soundstage, better definition of instruments, and better control over the bass. It was a noticeable improvement.

A lot of Verite owners say tubes make for the ultimate amp for the Verites, so the Mogwai is probably an even better choice that the GS-X Mini. I just didn't want to mess with tubes at this time.

The TA is a fine dac/amp, but if you can afford the Mogwai (with the RME), it will probably bring more out of your Verites.

Aug 4, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #3,936 of 5,797
ah okay, thanks, I didn't realize Apple had moved to USB C on their latest iPads. My iPad Mini 4 still has the lightening.
So far only the iPad Pro series come with USB-C, others still using lightening.

Aug 4, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #3,937 of 5,797
So far only the iPad Pro series come with USB-C, others still using lightening.
I see, okay, thanks. Gee, you must've been digging to find that post. What else did you find back there? I've had my TA now for about ten weeks, and I'm loving it more than ever (with my IER-Z1Rs). Wouldn't be able to listen to it though without putting my (local) high-res files through the EQ of Amarra Luxe. But boy, I'm still finding the end result amazing!

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #3,939 of 5,797
Hallo to everybody...
The TA Sony is working with any Android system like Samsung Tablets etc?
Anyone compared Sony with new Topping A90 or Benchmark HPA4?
Anyone have take measurements of TA (SNR, THD for example)?

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #3,940 of 5,797
Hallo to everybody...
The TA will work with anything.
Don't know.
Why? Listening is the best measurement tool.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #3,942 of 5,797
Hello. Would such setup work please? Thanks for advice.
PS-HX500 (LINE OUT) -> TA-ZH1ES (LINE IN) -> TA-ZH1ES (PRE OUT) -> CMT-SX7 (LINE IN)
Yes

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #3,943 of 5,797
Thank you. In specs it says it has 314mm depth lenght. What is the total depth length of TA-ZH1ES, including the inserted (power) cord cable until the point where the cable can be twisted? Anyone having this amplifier, could you measure please as my potential space where to place it is limited.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,944 of 5,797
Thank you. In specs it says it has 314mm depth lenght. What is the total depth length of TA-ZH1ES, including the inserted (power) cord cable until the point where the cable can be twisted? Anyone having this amplifier, could you measure please as my potential space where to place it is limited.

14" from the front (not including the volume knob) to the end of a twisted power plug...

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #3,945 of 5,797
Hallo to everybody...
I‘m real curious about how the Topping DX7 Pro compares to the TA and how the IER-Z1Rs would sound with the Topping. Can you really get the performance of the TA for much less than 1/3 the price?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back