The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Jul 12, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #3,871 of 5,767
yes, that was what i'm thinking of, using the TA as a dac. but the a1es is an integrated amp so I would essentially have two preamps in my chain. it's certainly a combo I've never done before. :D

But if you set the TA to line out, it’s not a preamp.

RCAs that can either be a fixed 2-volt output or variable via the volume control.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #3,874 of 5,767
But if you set the TA to line out, it’s not a preamp.

RCAs that can either be a fixed 2-volt output or variable via the volume control.
You’re like Mr. Wizard on Nickelodeon. Always with insightful and well constructed dialogue. That’s some good info there with the RCA’s on the TA

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #3,875 of 5,767
Thanks, but the second 1/2 was copypasta.

:)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #3,882 of 5,767
Has anyone connected an iPhone or iPad to the TA and ended up real happy with the sound? If so, were you using any processing software on the iOS device?
Standard iTunes app. Twas pretty good considering I have the USB A female to lightning camera adapter for it. The iFi Hip Dac made me go that route and I was curious. Give it a try! You’ll be surprised!

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #3,883 of 5,767
Has anyone connected an iPhone or iPad to the TA and ended up real happy with the sound? If so, were you using any processing software on the iOS device?
I use the Macbook Pro, and 2018 12.9" Ipad Pro (with USB-C). I think the ipad is actually a better match with the TA, as the timing seems more precise out of the iPad. I'm very happy with the sound. I am just using teh Qobuz app with High-Res music, no extra processing apps. I do make it a point to close most of the unused apps on the iPad when listening to music.

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #3,884 of 5,767
Has anyone tried the TA with the ZMF Verite headphones? If so, how did they sound?

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #3,885 of 5,767
I use the Macbook Pro, and 2018 12.9" Ipad Pro (with USB-C). I think the ipad is actually a better match with the TA, as the timing seems more precise out of the iPad. I'm very happy with the sound. I am just using teh Qobuz app with High-Res music, no extra processing apps. I do make it a point to close most of the unused apps on the iPad when listening to music.
And what are YOU using to connect that big iPad to the TA? Are you saying you're using a USB C to lightening adapter? I found this on Amazon this morning and wondering if it would work without using the Apple CCK(?)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R623HNJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A16KJJAGPD9RRO&psc=1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back