The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Mar 29, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #1,007 of 5,761
What USBs are you referring to? We have quite a few that have no issues above 2 meters.

Just theoretically speaking :D . Ofcourse when money is no issue, long USB is possible to have it done right. Perhap you should point the guy toward a good solution. I, personally, would re-arrange all the pieces to avoid going in the route of long USB lol

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #1,008 of 5,761
Just theoretically speaking :D . Ofcourse when money is no issue, long USB is possible to have it done right. Perhap you should point the guy toward a good solution. I, personally, would re-arrange all the pieces to avoid going in the route of long USB lol

Hahahaha you're a wildman Whitigir! You knew I'd call you on that one didn't you?

You're mostly right, shorter is better but when there is no option there are longer USB cables that work really well. I'm always willing to give people here help with options to research for purchase.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Mar 30, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #1,009 of 5,761
Whit, i'm really shocked at this, even though you've given your clear reasons why, i wouldn't have dreamt that you would have even considered selling it, given that you've expressed, "it's the best thing since sliced bread" ! ( A U.K. phrase. )

PS Is there anything that you own, that you haven't modded ???

Head fi sometimes lol

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #1,012 of 5,761
Hahahaha you're a wildman Whitigir! You knew I'd call you on that one didn't you?

You're mostly right, shorter is better but when there is no option there are longer USB cables that work really well. I'm always willing to give people here help with options to research for purchase.

Thanks - do you have a good suggestion? I'm kind of lost as there are also options such as USB over ethernet and optical a long with a plethora of "reclockers" "purifiers" and so on. I must say that I would have no problem purchasing from you if it wasn't for the hefty customs charges and additional VAT that it would include, when importing from the US. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,013 of 5,761

Thanks - do you have a good suggestion? I'm kind of lost as there are also options such as USB over ethernet and optical a long with a plethora of "reclockers" "purifiers" and so on. I must say that I would have no problem purchasing from you if it wasn't for the hefty customs charges and additional VAT that it would include, when importing from the US. 
smily_headphones1.gif

You don't need those with ZH1es or any well designed DACs. Just get a high quality USB cable such as Nordost or Kimber Kable.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,014 of 5,761
You don't need those with ZH1es or any well designed DACs. Just get a high quality USB cable such as Nordost or Kimber Kable.

Exactly, I had been telling people this over and over again, but it is hard to convince them lol. In my experiences, these clock generator or purifier, filter, conditioner, whatever, only color up or veil up your sources and components true signature/performances.

Again, good quality systems only need good USB cables, but don't be mistaken USB cables for your analog cables. They are very hard to make right, let alone Audiophile grade. So they are generally very expensive, but they are worth it ways more than any cheap purifier/conditioner....funky, funny, monkey business, period

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #1,015 of 5,761
hi guys my retailer finally replaced a new set for the previous that had faulty LCD.

however the first thing i noticed is that i am not getting any DSD encoding. What is displayed is just PCM @ 44.1khz. i remember the 1st amp, i did not have to do anything to get DSD 11.2 displayed on the LCD.

i am using music bee, and after playing around with the setting i'm still unable to get DSD indicator. My source is via a CHORD usb from computer. tried another cable and still the same.

The songs i play are definitely DSD files.. 

any kind soul can help please. thanks!!

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,016 of 5,761
Exactly, I had been telling people this over and over again, but it is hard to convince them lol. In my experiences, these clock generator or purifier, filter, conditioner, whatever, only color up or veil up your sources and components true signature/performances.

Again, good quality systems only need good USB cables, but don't be mistaken USB cables for your analog cables. They are very hard to make right, let alone Audiophile grade. So they are generally very expensive, but they are worth it ways more than any cheap purifier/conditioner....funky, funny, monkey business, period

I didn't believe in USB cables myself initially and was proven wrong again and again.  The included USB to Walkman cable is very low quality and will muddied up the sound.  I suggest getting a much better USB cable instead.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,017 of 5,761
I didn't believe in USB cables myself initially and was proven wrong again and again.  The included USB to Walkman cable is very low quality and will muddied up the sound.  I suggest getting a much better USB cable instead.
But what other option do we have here? Noone seems to be making a cable which connects to the WM port.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,018 of 5,761
But what other option do we have here? Noone seems to be making a cable which connects to the WM port.

Get a dedicated Walkman dock and a nice USB cable.  That's the best bet.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #1,020 of 5,761
  hi guys my retailer finally replaced a new set for the previous that had faulty LCD.

however the first thing i noticed is that i am not getting any DSD encoding. What is displayed is just PCM @ 44.1khz. i remember the 1st amp, i did not have to do anything to get DSD 11.2 displayed on the LCD.

i am using music bee, and after playing around with the setting i'm still unable to get DSD indicator. My source is via a CHORD usb from computer. tried another cable and still the same.

The songs i play are definitely DSD files.. 

any kind soul can help please. thanks!!

Were you able to figure it out? You have to turn on the DSD Remastering, and if you're using Analog in, you can specify the incoming bit rate down the line under the Menu options itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back