The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Jan 10, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #331 of 5,796
Anybody try a Beyerdynamic T1 (first or second gen) on this? I am unsure if it will drive it properly (balanced or single ended). I assume that it will, but I would like to hear other's opinions. Thanks!

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #332 of 5,796
  Anybody try a Beyerdynamic T1 (first or second gen) on this? I am unsure if it will drive it properly (balanced or single ended). I assume that it will, but I would like to hear other's opinions. Thanks!

Mine drove the HD800 exceedingly well.  I expect the same for the T1.  I purchased mine from @The Source AV

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #333 of 5,796
Amazon just informed me that, instead of February/May, I will receive the TA this Saturday!
beyersmile.png

I'm so looking forward to having this beast!

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #334 of 5,796
  Amazon just informed me that, instead of February/May, I will receive the TA this Saturday!
beyersmile.png

I'm so looking forward to having this beast!

Amazon USA?

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #338 of 5,796

When did you place tour order by the way? Mine was January 5.

Technically speaking, I ordered the Ta on the 5th of January, too. But on that day I also cancelled my first order for the Ta because it had the 'old' price (€1,999) This order was placed on the 28th of December. Don't know if that matters.

I hope you haven't ordered this unit from America because of the voltage/frequencies difference.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #339 of 5,796

Technically speaking, I ordered the Ta on the 5th of January, too. But on that day I also cancelled my first order for the Ta because it had the 'old' price (€1,999) This order was placed on the 28th of December. Don't know if that matters.

I hope you haven't ordered this unit from America because of the voltage/frequencies difference.

thanks for the info!

Nope, Germany just like you and at the same price.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #340 of 5,796
Good lucks guys...enjoy the burn in.  This is a special sounding amp/dac combination.

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #342 of 5,796
Thank you. Have you guys tested the single-ended circuitry of the TA? I won't be able to use the balanced output for as long as my Fostex don't get recabled. What are your impressions when compared with balanced mode?

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #345 of 5,796
Hi all, first post on Head-fi :xf_eek:

Thanks to all the posters in this thread, There doesn't seem to be much info on this at the moment, so this thread has been a great help.

I've got one of these coming, should be shipping tomorrow.

I ordered it from advancedmp3players.co.uk (no affiliation or connection etc). They are selling it for £1,600, but also give you a 10% discount coupon when you go to leave the site, making it £1,440. I live in the Channel Islands so also get VAT off for an all in £1,200, which seems a pretty good deal to me :D

Just thought I'd give a heads-up on the discount as it's not obvious when checking prices.

Very much looking forward to trying this out. I'm very new to this game, and currently have a Mojo. My main use is desktop from my PC, so the Sony makes a lot more sense to me.

Headphones will be HD600, HD650, HD800 and X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back