The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
May 20, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #4,846 of 5,798
They can started improving the TAZ the way I did

1/ First and foremost, improving the Power regulators, with lower noises and faster transient respond

2/ improving the noises isolations from the switching MOSFET and FET

3/ improving solder used

4/ improving internal wires

5/ improving the output capacitors

But seeing as Walkman M2 is a modified Walkman, I sincerely hope that the TAZ won’t be another modified device but branding as an M2
Nayparm for Walkman modding, Whitigir for TA-ZH1ES modding? There could be a market there.

May 20, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #4,847 of 5,798
having the mdr-z1r, wm1a and wm1z, i might wanted to buy the taz from a friend of mine.

If your talking about not using a PC with the TA, yes, that is a huge difference, rotation in of a Walkman as a file server. That was the whole benefit for me was going to the Cradle and USB AQCarbon.
i could use the digital walkman cable which you plug in from the side of the taz.

however, since i like to play around with qobuz and tidal on my lenovo laptop, i wanted to connect it directly with it and use the windows 10 qobuz or tidal app

I use Nordost Frey2 USB cable
but i didn't want to spend 500+ euros for an usb cable - at least right now :)

would be an AQ cinnamon usb-a/c to usb-b cable ok, any experience?

@Redcarmoose
will i do lose a lot of SQ due to skipping the "rotation in of a walkman as a file server"?

May 20, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #4,849 of 5,798
having the mdr-z1r, wm1a and wm1z, i might wanted to buy the taz from a friend of mine.

i could use the digital walkman cable which you plug in from the side of the taz.

however, since i like to play around with qobuz and tidal on my lenovo laptop, i wanted to connect it directly with it and use the windows 10 qobuz or tidal app

@Redcarmoose
will i do lose a lot of SQ due to skipping the "rotation in of a walkman as a file server"?
Play around with sources and you may find a slight difference in that using the Walkmans brings a quietness over the PC.

May 20, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #4,850 of 5,798
What does anyone use to stop dust entering the mesh on the top ?
I will go crazy if i get any in there (and no i'm not ocd)😁
there are companies which doe dust covers only. for scanners, printers, screens, and any individual size you tell them. we have a premium dust covers company in germany where you pay around 10 euro for the size of a printer, scanner, or the taz and you get premium quality, that fits perfectly.

May 20, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #4,851 of 5,798

@Redcarmoose
I use the AQ Carbon USB cable from the Sony dock to the TAZ.

May 20, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #4,852 of 5,798
May 20, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #4,853 of 5,798
May 20, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #4,854 of 5,798

Have you had a look at the iFi Stream? I was looking at it as an option and it looked interesting.

May 23, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #4,855 of 5,798
Have you had a look at the iFi Stream?
I use one with my Taz, highly recommend it! So so convenient, run everything from my phone now.

May 24, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #4,856 of 5,798
thank you my friends,

@Kiats i didn't know about the streamer, i like the idea and great reviews as always for ifi products.

i bought the audioquest carbon usb-c to usb-c cable. for my fiio m17 and maybe due to the fact that i wanted to sell my wm1z and buy the m2 soon.

for the current wm1z combo, i may buy the audioquest usb-c to usb-a adapter or simply another carbon cable.

I use one with my Taz, highly recommend it! So so convenient, run everything from my phone now.
i put that on my list, already. but having the powerful fiio m17 with streaming options, dedicated DC power, 2x usb c and 1x coaxial... makes the ifi stream - at least in my case - a little bit obsolete.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #4,858 of 5,798
You probably wouldn't need too much clearance because the structure of the Taz is one big heatsink. Also S-Master doesn't get dangerously hot. Maybe @Whitigir can confirm? I'd be more concerned about dust getting in, which is why I keep a dust cover on mine, even though it's on a coveted shelf next to my bed.
do you have a link of that dust cover?

May 25, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #4,860 of 5,798

Users who are viewing this thread

Back