The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #6,781 of 11,341
I think I must be psychic or something... I woke up and put on Rush - Moving Pictures then started reading this and everyone is talking about Rush lol
beerchug.gif

Really sad to hear he is struggling but I guess it isn't surprising, some of the notes he hits in his older albums are insane!
confused.gif

Yes, and consider how long the band has been performing for. I used to be able to sing most of their material fairly well and I can tell you, there is no way in hell my voice could do it now. Same with the drumming as like Peart I have bad tendinitis in my right arm (sold my last drum set because of that actually). 

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #6,782 of 11,341
Interesting stuff. This website is the most positive one I've ever been on
Anyway, keep up the good work yal, I've got the wheels turning for finding better employment and if all goes well I can join the z1r club soon!

{Removed OT post section - sorry my bad}

I hope you do have a change in employment fortune. Believe me I know how tough it is. I have decided to get a Masters degree myself in Social Work as it is very hard to make your way at least here in Ottawa without an advanced degree in a field. Ottawa is off the charts in terms of an educated population so the competition is really stiff and this is not at all an area with any industry to speak of so either you are into IT, high tech, the government, or you work in some kind of field that sells and services the needs of those who do make good money.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #6,783 of 11,341
The statements above are a bit worrying for me. I am on the brink of ordering a pair, and one of the major selling points of the z1r for me is the fact that they're closed. I will be using them in front of my computer at home, where I currently use a fan. Today I am using a pair of dt770s which are doing a good job of providing isolation, but the sound is not exactly high end. Would anyone who has experienced them both care to describe how they compare, isolation wise?

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #6,785 of 11,341
The statements above are a bit worrying for me. I am on the brink of ordering a pair, and one of the major selling points of the z1r for me is the fact that they're closed. I will be using them in front of my computer at home, where I currently use a fan. Today I am using a pair of dt770s which are doing a good job of providing isolation, but the sound is not exactly high end. Would anyone who has experienced them both care to describe how they compare, isolation wise?

I've got the Z1R which i use in the family lounge, i'm sat infront of the tv with nothing playing through the 'phones and it's as if there is nothing over my ears at all, i can hear everything.i am not saying this to be critcal, just factual. Not everyone has a 'listening ' room. I've gone from Bowers and Wilkins P7's which isolated a lot better, but..........i wouldn't go back to them for all the tea in China

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #6,786 of 11,341
Pardon,

Can Sony MDR-Z7 and Sony Z1R share the same balanced Sony/Kimber cables?
thanks

Yes. They both have the same 3.5mm connectors.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #6,788 of 11,341

The fan noise cannot be eliminated completely. You do not just have the motor and fan blade noise, you have air flowing over your ear cups which generate noise too.
Not even the qc35 can eliminate noises generated by wind.
I do have a fan behind me at 2.8 meters away, while I am seated infront of the PC. But it isn't that bad. I could only the sound of wind rushing past the earcups.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #6,789 of 11,341
Interesting stuff. This website is the most positive one I've ever been on. As your southern neighbor, I'm sure it goes without saying that the majority of us didn't want mr. T in charge and I hope the next 4 years are kind to us all. All mankind.

Anyway, keep up the good work yal, I've got the wheels turning for finding better employment and if all goes well I can join the z1r club soon!

Can we keep politics out of these head fi threads.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #6,792 of 11,341
Do the Z7 cables work on the Z1R?

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #6,793 of 11,341
Feb 12, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #6,794 of 11,341
Can we keep politics out of these head fi threads.

Sure, my bad, but that was pretty minor. I have had to read through all kinds of crazy OT stuff and if it is only a post here or there I really don't care or think it is a big deal. Obviously you don't agree which is fine, and you are correct the TOS for this community clearly states we should refrain from such topics so hat in hand I will apologize for the bad behaviour.

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #6,795 of 11,341
What is the model number for the kimber kable with 3.5mm connector (not balanced) ?
the one released with the Z1R

also is there recommendation for a website with lowest price
redface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back