The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #4,369 of 11,341
Cargo going from Britain to the US, let's hope it doesn't meet the same fate as the previous cargo of tea....
You shush yourself with that negativity lol. Nothing will sink a Sony ship.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #4,370 of 11,341
Good luck guys. The Z1Rs are great. I can't help but handle them really carefully though. I've never spent so much on headphones before. It's intimidating to handle them, honestly. :p

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #4,371 of 11,341
Good luck guys. The Z1Rs are great. I can't help but handle them really carefully though. I've never spent so much on headphones before. It's intimidating to handle them, honestly. :p
You ordered them to the Us from UK?

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #4,372 of 11,341

I know what you mean. I won't even place them on a hard surface yet. Usually with some sort of fabric underneath. It's a little maddening and OCD inducing.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #4,374 of 11,341
I know what you mean. I won't even place them on a hard surface yet. Usually with some sort of fabric underneath. It's a little maddening and OCD inducing.
I won't even let any of my peasants handle them. When I get them i'll treat them like Diamonds

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #4,375 of 11,341
You ordered them to the Us from UK?

I got mine from the US originally. My current pair, but I have the second one coming into the US from Amazon.uk like you, yep!

Yeah, I only put them down on padded surfaces as well. I'm even hesitant at times to put them on my SA5000's headphone stand because of the bead blasted finish on the metal. I worry about it messing with the leather, but it's probably fine. Nice to have Sony phones on a Sony headphone stand. :p  

I keep the amp under a sheet when I'm not using it, and either put the Z1Rs in my CD3000 case when I'm not using them (but when I plan on using them soon) , so I'm not always handling the leather case, or keep them on my desk under a sheet as well. 

So yeah, I definitely feel you when it comes to OCD, haha.

The SA5000s and CD3000s are just left out and I keep them hung on a boom stand I have, haha. 

I'll bring them to the gym and let the sweat break them in :D

Oh god. 
triportsad.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #4,380 of 11,341
  I don't know, from what I have read from a couple of people who owned the Z1R and TH 900, the Z1R improves almost across the board from the TH900. I'm hoping so as I owned the TH900 and while I really liked it, it was missing some mid range magic.

In my time, I felt that the Z1R is a superior all-rounder.  Mid-range of course being the primary improvement.  But the TH900 also has a few tricks up its sleeve -granted it doesn't isolate brilliantly, but there is a sense of air with the TH900 that is very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back