The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,442 of 11,341
Amazon.co.uk still didn't ship my order. Asked them about it and got a generic canned response about "1-2 Months availability", which is the current estimation on the product page. The Pre-order always listed October 10th as ship date.

Seems my recent pre-orders are going quite well. The other item was a Galaxy Note 7, Pre-Ordered two and a half months ago... well, haven't received anything yet and we know how that is going.  Maybe it's the universe telling me to be frugal :D

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #1,443 of 11,341
Amazon.co.uk still didn't ship my order. Asked them about it and got a generic canned response about "1-2 Months availability", which is the current estimation on the product page. The Pre-order always listed October 10th as ship date.

Seems my recent pre-orders are going quite well. The other item was a Galaxy Note 7, Pre-Ordered two and a half months ago... well, haven't received anything yet and we know how that is going.  Maybe it's the universe telling me to be frugal :D

I noticed what Amazon does is list the release date as the pre order delivery date even if they know in advance they won't even have stock... Had the exact same thing on several pre orders and ended up having to cancel them because other places got immediate stock and Amazon pushed back the delivery date by weeks/months. Very shadey practice in my opinion :mad:

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,444 of 11,341

Sony stuff usually drops in price after a few months anyways. 

​Sony's super high-end stuff is usually the exception to the rule.
redface.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,445 of 11,341

I was hoping to maybe read a review from someone who got there's today from Amazon, yes I saw that, 1-2 months availability even though the pre order was up some time ago, usually they take the pre order down when it's covered the stock, it seems a bit under hand. 

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,446 of 11,341
I noticed what Amazon does is list the release date as the pre order delivery date even if they know in advance they won't even have stock... Had the exact same thing on several pre orders and ended up having to cancel them because other places got immediate stock and Amazon pushed back the delivery date by weeks/months. Very shadey practice in my opinion :mad:

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #1,447 of 11,341

The Z1r is still available for 2200€ on Amazon Germany. Today they swiched to ready in 1to 3 month. They either sold two units, or they where fake. If you need a Galaxy Note I could offer you my Note 1 or Note 4, LOL

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,448 of 11,341
The Z1r is still available for 2200€ on Amazon Germany. If you need a Galaxy Note I could offer you my Note 1 or Note 4, LOL

True, but one of the reasons I pre ordered from the UK was the lowest list price (1700 GBP). At today's rate that's 1887 EUR. Thats a huge difference UK<>Germany. It was probably ordered the first day they listed it, with Oct 10 as ship date.

Not the first time with Amazon lately, guess they're getting worse and worse. Items raising cost after advancing checkout, paid reviews, useless preorder dates.. And got a couple of used items sold as new recently.

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #1,449 of 11,341
True, but one of the reasons I pre ordered from the UK was the lowest list price (1700 GBP). At today's rate that's 1887 EUR. Thats a huge difference UK<>Germany. It was probably ordered the first day they listed it, with Oct 10 as ship date.

Not the first time with Amazon lately, guess they're getting worse and worse. Items raising cost after advancing checkout, paid reviews, useless preorder dates.. And got a couple of used items sold as new recently.

Sony's pricing differs quite a bit in different regions. I got my MDR-Z7 for about 500$ at launch, plus shipping from Japan to California. I believe the MSRP in the US was around 700? With the money saved I got the Kimber 3.5mm upgrade cable for it. 

Due to recent exchange rate fluctuations, JPY is up and CNY is down, I suppose buying from China or HK will be cheaper. Plus most Kimber options are about 30-40% cheaper here, if you can get someone to ship it to your country.

Gotta love companies with poor distribution systems... you can almost buy anything from the gray markets lol. Most outrageous would be Sony's imaging products. Grey imports can sometimes get you 1000 euro off their A7r II...

Oct 10, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,450 of 11,341
I really hate auditioning high-end headphones at CanJam (RMAF). I'm home now and my Z7 no longer sound good. I hear the limitations of Z7 after using Z1R the last three days.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,453 of 11,341
  I really hate auditioning high-end headphones at CanJam (RMAF). I'm home now and my Z7 no longer sound good. I hear the limitations of Z7 after using Z1R the last three days.

I'm surprised you didn't hear the limitations of the Z7 from the beginning. Joking of course.  
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,454 of 11,341
Does the Z7 and the Z1R share the same input connectors? I would like to use my aftermarket hp cable should I choose to purchase the Z1R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back