The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #227 of 11,341
I love it when new products are announced on head-fi.
Products are announced and then a vacuum is created while information arrives.

The vacuum fills with….

Introducing the New Product.  Here are some pictures and technical specifications to whet your whistle.  I’m excited, tell me more.  Initial indications are good, but will reserve comment until production models arrive.  So excited.  Tell me more.  Best thing I’ve heard since the last best thing I heard.  Can you tell me more about my special interest specification, I don’t see it in the specs.  Info on that spec will be out in the next round of spec publications.  If it doesn’t have my special interest specification, it will be worthless.  It must appease my special interest.  Still excited.  Tell me more.  How about cost?  Anyone know how much this will cost?  Yes, I can give you the price.  It will cost $€£¥.  Is that official?  Where did you get it?  Copy link.  Really?  That’s too much.  Is that before or after Brexit?  Seems right to me.  But how does it sound?  Someone we don’t like says it lacks something.  Post link.  Don’t pay attention to him.  He sells tires out of a car boot.  Can’t stop my excitement.  I wish it was cheaper.  I’m out.  Cost is all relative.  But how does it sound?  It better sound like kittens purring for that price.  It better sound better than their previous model.  Let’s discuss the previous model.  But there is already a thread about the previous model.  Don’t care.  Wanna discuss it here.  When is it available.  Christmas.  Christmas, what year?  Man, that is too long to wait.  I just wish it wasn’t so expensive.  Wow, this thread is really rolling.  Insert obligatory Hype Train meme here.  More talk of cost.  Only you can determine how much is too much.  Analogy referencing a really high quality car.  But it wasn’t this expensive when I listened to 8 tracks on my white Radio Shack Specials in my room with my Lava Lamp, Black light, and neon posters...  But tell me more…

No offense intended to anyone.  Just been reading a bunch of new product threads and wanted to make myself chuckle.

@Thatonenoob.  This is one of the best product introduction threads I’ve seen.  Please don’t take offense.  Your information and impressions are quality!  I'm excited!  Tell me more…

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #228 of 11,341

The vacuum fills with….

Introducing the New Product.  Here are some pictures and technical specifications to whet your whistle.  I’m excited, tell me more.  Initial indications are good, but will reserve comment until production models arrive.  So excited.  Tell me more.  Best thing I’ve heard since the last best thing I heard.  Can you tell me more about my special interest specification, I don’t see it in the specs.  Info on that spec will be out in the next round of spec publications.  If it doesn’t have my special interest specification, it will be worthless.  It must appease my special interest.  Still excited.  Tell me more.  How about cost?  Anyone know how much this will cost?  Yes, I can give you the price.  It will cost $€£¥.  Is that official?  Where did you get it?  Copy link.  Really?  That’s too much.  Is that before or after Brexit?  Seems right to me.  But how does it sound?  Someone we don’t like says it lacks something.  Post link.  Don’t pay attention to him.  He sells tires out of a car boot.  Can’t stop my excitement.  I wish it was cheaper.  I’m out.  Cost is all relative.  But how does it sound?  It better sound like kittens purring for that price.  It better sound better than their previous model.  Let’s discuss the previous model.  But there is already a thread about the previous model.  Don’t care.  Wanna discuss it here.  When is it available.  Christmas.  Christmas, what year?  Man, that is too long to wait.  I just wish it wasn’t so expensive.  Wow, this thread is really rolling.  Insert obligatory Hype Train meme here.  More talk of cost.  Only you can determine how much is too much.  Analogy referencing a really high quality car.  But it wasn’t this expensive when I listened to 8 tracks on my white Radio Shack Specials in my room with my Lava Lamp, Black light, and neon posters...  But tell me more…

No offense intended to anyone.  Just been reading a bunch of new product threads and wanted to make myself chuckle.

@Thatonenoob.  This is one of the best product introduction threads I’ve seen.  Please don’t take offense.  Your information and impressions are quality!  I'm excited!  Tell me more…

ROFLMAO

this is, bar none, the best TL;DR summary of product launch threads.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #229 of 11,341
I've never been a fan of the 2.5 mm connector for balanced, it just doesn't feel right.

That being said, what are the connections for Pentaconn anyway? L+/L-/R+/R-/something else [chassis ground]? Or maybe it's just a spacer?

There's too many balanced connectors out there in my opinion. Full size 4-pin XLR, full-size dual 3-pin XLR, mini-XLR, square-shaped balanced plug, 4-pole 2.5 mm, dual 3.5 mm, 4-pole 3.5 mm.....bleh, now we have another one.

Mini XLR was the way to go imo. Pins are truly separate and the connectors lock in place just like the full size XLR. It takes up more space but so does the 4.4mm connector. I even have an amp, headphones, and an adaptor that uses it (RHA's upcoming Dacamp L1 will have mini XLR as well).

Unless they're going for added functionality for the 4.4mm like having a balanced connection WITH mic and remote capability at the same time (that 5th pole has to be used for something).

Still, Sony rarely uses existing connections and pinouts.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #230 of 11,341

Hah, you just about summed up the first 100 pages of most of the new product threads on Head-Fi!  
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #231 of 11,341
Here I was getting pumped for the upcoming Denon AH-D7200, and now this closed by Sony...

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #234 of 11,341

The vacuum fills with….

You have summed up the similar effects of new headphone flagship hype and crack. At least with crack there is help available.

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #236 of 11,341
In typical Sony "Hi-Res Audio" fashion, these headphones can produce frequencies all the way up to 120 kHz!

Now I can finally listen to the ultrasonic frequencies from ripped SACDs and experience what the artist truly intended for me to hear...because I totally have ultrasonic hearing.

^ that's from a 24/352.8 track I have

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #237 of 11,341

The vacuum fills with….

In the spirit of good laughs, which mind you I just had a great one, here's my personal contribution.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #238 of 11,341

The vacuum fills with….

You seriously just won the internet!

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #239 of 11,341
  If you hyped hype? Just what is the resultant? Hyperbole?

Well said....he's hyping the hype and summing it up in a post.

Doesn't that guy know this is serious stuff - no laughing matter.

JK

looking very much forward to the Jude impressions of this bad boy and wondering if
it's a preorder for me?

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #240 of 11,341
Very imaginative there, well done.Some innacuracies(sic) though. There is no void. Nothing goes away, it's just added to. Sonykins trying to go agin Chord, Senn, Sonus HE-1000 etc for the first time in many a year is a genuine good thing. All mid to top material goodies companies do this, and if there is cast iron improvement, as with Triumph, it's to be applauded, even if they do it in order to survive and perchance thrive anew. Man seeks always un needed wants. Watches, M/bikes, the works. Stone age man was consistently looking for some Hi end twigs to daub his cave walls better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back