The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #36 of 11,341
If you can, please ask the Sony people, if there will be spare parts available globally. For the Z7 you still don't get things like ear pads in Europe. That is the main reason that I sold it. The second reason is that it gets too hot inside the cups during summer time.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #38 of 11,341
I think it costs around $3,000 Will
biggrin.gif

MSRP $2199
ph34r.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #40 of 11,341

MSRP $2199
ph34r.gif

Make it at least $3199 in practice, after the first couple of lukewarm reviews a thousand dollar Kimber cable will come to the rescue...

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #44 of 11,341
"Most significantly, the MDR-Z1R was developed in collaboration with one of the top mastering engineers at Sony Music Battery Studios, who benchmarked its overall performance in comparison with his super high-end reference speakers."

The engineer of the studio is Mark Wilder, and he uses Dunlavy SCV speakers with Cello amplifiers at Sony Music Battery Studios...so if this Sony sound exactly like his speakers...mmm Stax is better :)

It's a shame because MDR-Z1R are one of the most beautiful designs I've seen, but keep in mind that Dunlavy speakers are bright af, like Lipinski.

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #45 of 11,341
"[COLOR=555555]Most significantly, the MDR-Z1R was developed in collaboration with one of the top mastering engineers at Sony Music Battery Studios, who benchmarked its overall performance in comparison with his super high-end reference speakers.[/COLOR]"

The engineer of the studio is Mark Wilder, and he uses Dunlavy SCV speakers with Cello amplifiers at Sony Music Battery Studios...so if this Sony sound exactly like his speakers...mmm Stax is better :)

It's a shame because MDR-Z1R are one of the most beautiful designs I've seen, but keep in mind that Dunlavy speakers are bright af, like Lipinski.

So he is not the engineer who made the R10 or Qualia Q10 :D ? Ok, pass. Will keep myself on the thread for more impressions and news, but my interested had been severely damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back