The Official Rockbox for Android Registry
Feb 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 132

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
The Official Rockbox for Android Registry
 ​
(See guidlines for adding your device to the registry below in post #2)

Testing and Experiences by Head-Fi Members

• Archos 32: Froyo 2.2, Rooted via Archangel, See brief review here. (dfkt, 2/9/11)
  • Archos 43: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, "Works great... better than on the Archos 70, mainly because the 54 extra pixels give room for the on-screen android buttons." (mp3, 2/18/11)
  • Archos 70: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, "Works well on my Archos 70, no database issues or playback bugs.  I think the UI should be tweaked for touchscreen use." (SoulSyde, 2/25/11)
  • Cowon D3: Firmware 3.27, Not rooted, See brief review here. (globiboulga, 2/13/11)
  • G2 T-Mobile: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, "I had to change the font up to 35 to make it large enough to be usable. Works great now." (srserl, 2/9/11)
  • HTC Aria: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, "Works fine on my phone, it can play musics well and nicely, replace my stock player anytime now." (pavoo, 2/10/11)
  • HTC Desire HD: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, See brief review here. (trondis23, 2/10/11)
  • HTC Desire HD: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, See brief review here. (Djini, 2/10/11)
  • HTC Desire HD: Gingerbread 2.3, Rooted, "Works fine - have not experienced any crashes, but requires an option to exit." (globiboulga, 2/13/11)
  • HTC ERIS: Custom 2.1 ROM, Rooted, "It seems to work fine... The graphic EQ is way to small, but that's about it so far." (grunge100, 2/10/11)
  • HTC Incredible Verizon: Froyo 2.2, Not rooted, "Works well on this phone." (SoulSyde, 2/9/11)
  • HTC/Google Nexus One: Gingerbread 2.3.3, Not rooted, See brief review here. (Zakalwe, 3/16/11)
  • Huawei IDEOS 8150D: Froyo 2.2, Rooted, "Running properly (Ver.r29342 in 240x400). Since my display is 240x320 I would like to to ask if it is possible to obtain a release with the proper resolution to fully enjoy RB." (Barth, 3/9/11)
  • Samsung Vibrant: Bionix-v 1.2.1 (Froyo 2.2) Kernal = Eugene's vibrant_4, "Sounds great, Interface needs some work. Database is working, but setting it up was challenging." (dskelto, 2/18/11)
  • Sony Xperia X10i: 2.3.2 CM7, Rooted, "Works perfectly widgets work, locksreen menu works sounds great."  (rourouni815, 2/25/11)

THEMES

1. DFKT Minimum A32 Theme (For any device with a 240x400 screen)
  2. DFKT theme for Rockbox on Android (RaaA) with full touch support. This is only for 480x800 screens.
  Short tap on artist/album/track: browser

Long tap on artist/album/track: menu

Short tap on album art: quick screen
Long tap on album art: context menu

Short tap on FFWD/REW: track skip
Long tap on FFWD/REW: FFWD/REW
Short-then-long tap on FFWD/REW: folder skip

Artist/album/track tag info falls back to folder/file display when no tags are present.

The progress bar has a peak meter built in. Looks nice while playing. 
wink.gif

Download: DFKT Minimum 480x800 v0.24

19370094589555675765.png

Last.fm SUPPORT

1. Information on how to add Last.fm scrobbling to your RB/Android player (by perdidopunk)

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 132
The purpose of this thread is to list all of the devices that have been tested using Rockbox for AndroidPost your experiences and I will add you to the registry.  Please include the following in your post:

1. Device name.
  2. Which version of Android you are running?
  3. Is your Device rooted?
  4. Any other information that you think may be helpful.

1. Feel free to add any links to Builds or Themes as well.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 132
where can we download this? i don't see it on the market.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 132
The builds on rockbox.org are rather old. Here's some fresh up-to-date builds (including the Meier crossfeed):

240x400 (Archos 32): http://www.mediafire.com/?2lfcm8bkyfyl550
480x800 (most Android phones): http://www.mediafire.com/?cpirua2dwwe22jp

If someone has some special resolution wishes, I see what I can whip up.

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 132

Quote:
Care to add any thoughts regarding the Archos 32?

Well, as an audio player the Archos leaves quite a bit to be desired for my needs, compared to dedicated players like the Cowon J3 or Sansa Clip+. Besides lacking tactile hardware buttons to be useful on the go (play/pause, ***!), the hardware is fine otherwise, it sounds good - but all the software players are sub-par for my needs, including the stock one, Poweramp, Winamp, Mixzing, Cubed, etc. Rockbox certainly is the only one I would consider using on Android so far. The funny thing about this is that almost any Android music player can directly scrobble to Last.fm, while Last.fm logging to a text file on Rockbox doesn't seem to work yet. The irony, since basically Rockbox was the only choice for scrobbling on dedicated MP3 players for a long time - yet it's one of the very few non-scrobbling players on Android. :wink:

1. Archos 32
  2. Android 2.2
  3. Rooted via Archangel (doesn't matter for audio, I guess)

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #14 of 132
Device name: HTC Desire HD
Which version of Android you are running: 2.2
Is your Device rooted?: no
Any other information that you think may be helpful: 

Database doesn't work - trying to initialize the database will crash the program. Otherwise it works fine and sounds great. I prefer to use the 3*3 grid to navigate instead of direct touchscreen. I hope that they do some more work on the UI. Apart from that this is great - it's a much better program than the rest available on the Android platform. 

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #15 of 132

Quote:
Can the Archos 43 (854x480) run the 800x480 RB?

Yes, it should work, just give it a try - probably it just doesn't fill the whole height of the screen. Those dedicated resolution builds of course are just a workaround for now. In the future Rockbox will have dynamic scaling, like other Android apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back