The Official oBravo Audio Thread - Patented Planar and AMT Technology
Mar 30, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #31 of 41
Crystal Cable Dream Duet... it's bringing out some of the best of the Ra-c-ti: amazing details, dynamic range yet beautiful musicality at the same time.
My Eletech Iliad is also fantastic with Ra 21 C-Cu.

Also happens to be the nicest cable I have ever come across build quality wise.
I just had to own one :)

camphoto_1903590565-2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #33 of 41
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #35 of 41
Sitting in the park listening to Chilled Euphoria with the Hugo2go and the Ra c-cu.

Just a gorgeous sound. The Ra have been on the Dave the past week getting a battering from Noisia Split the Atom and I think they have well and truly run in. It's hard to believe that this is an iem - the sound is just so BIG.

I'm a sucker for acoustic detail and there is so much on offer. The bass is deep, tight, and fast. Even though tight, the bass feels airy and liberated. In Mussorgsky Night on the Bald Mountain the bass comes in like thunder.

As an audiophile who loves the idea of upgrading and finding new levels of sound, I'm always hesitant about the idea that a system is "endgame" but if this is not the portable version of it then it is damn close.

If the Sun would show its face for a while then the day would be perfect.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #36 of 41
Sitting in the park listening to Chilled Euphoria with the Hugo2go and the Ra c-cu.

Just a gorgeous sound. The Ra have been on the Dave the past week getting a battering from Noisia Split the Atom and I think they have well and truly run in. It's hard to believe that this is an iem - the sound is just so BIG.

I'm a sucker for acoustic detail and there is so much on offer. The bass is deep, tight, and fast. Even though tight, the bass feels airy and liberated. In Mussorgsky Night on the Bald Mountain the bass comes in like thunder.

As an audiophile who loves the idea of upgrading and finding new levels of sound, I'm always hesitant about the idea that a system is "endgame" but if this is not the portable version it then it is damn close.

And, on cue, here is the Sun 🌞

Ah, life is good.

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #37 of 41

As an audiophile who loves the idea of upgrading and finding new levels of sound, I'm always hesitant about the idea that a system is "endgame" but if this is not the portable version of it then it is damn close.

We are thrilled that you are enjoying Ra 21 C Cu. Lots of time went in to the research of Ra 21 series to get the bass as it can be experienced now. It is our advice that all owners appreciate the sonic difference once around 200 hours has been achieved.

All the best

May 7, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #38 of 41
Seriously considering the HAMT-3 MK II as a closed-back for travel. Just have a few questions:
  • How is the clamp force? I don't think I would be able to head bang with them on, but do they fall off the head really easily? Is there a way to bend the metal wires in the headband slightly so the clamp is better?
  • Some reviewers describe the HAMT-3 MK II as cold with an emphasis on the high-end; is this true? Are they colder and more piercing than the Final Sonorous or the Beyers?
  • I only see Alcantara on oBravo headphones instead of leather; is there any leather anywhere on the cans or accessories? I wouldn't think so since they are made in Taiwan, but thought I'd ask.

May 7, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #39 of 41
Seriously considering the HAMT-3 MK II as a closed-back for travel. Just have a few questions:
  • How is the clamp force? I don't think I would be able to head bang with them on, but do they fall off the head really easily? Is there a way to bend the metal wires in the headband slightly so the clamp is better?
  • Some reviewers describe the HAMT-3 MK II as cold with an emphasis on the high-end; is this true? Are they colder and more piercing than the Final Sonorous or the Beyers?
  • I only see Alcantara on oBravo headphones instead of leather; is there any leather anywhere on the cans or accessories? I wouldn't think so since they are made in Taiwan, but thought I'd ask.
clamp force is strong but due to weird design headbanging is not a go, they wont fall easily unless u bang them off.

i had a weird experience where my first listening experiences were with a headache, and i thought they were incredibly bright and piercing. tried them a few months later and they ended up being just very balanced all around- not piercing, almost dark even, bass was definitely not emphasized, i wouldn't say cold, but it does lean more towards the flat sound. and when i say flat i don't mean neutral, which usually has a bass boost.

they are absolutely not for hardcore heavybass / techno music if that's what you're asking.

- they have the best soundstage depth out of any headphone/iem/speaker i've tried. if only this kind of depth could've been implemented into iems. truly a 3D experience, the music WILL be in front of you, or behind you, depending on recording.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #40 of 41
I have been listening to Venus for a couple of days and I must say I am very impressed. It is without a doubt one of the best IEMs I've heard this year. Killer bass, accurate timbre, loads of detail and an exceptional soundstage. Wow!

Sep 5, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #41 of 41
I have been listening to Venus for a couple of days and I must say I am very impressed. It is without a doubt one of the best IEMs I've heard this year. Killer bass, accurate timbre, loads of detail and an exceptional soundstage. Wow!

I am very glad you are enjoying it, Venus was being worked on when Cupid was launched so it was quite long for it to come to fruition. I felt it had to have similarities from Cupid but also to be a substantial step up in every area, including the cable. Venus is Cupid's mum after all. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back