The Official oBravo Audio Thread - Patented Planar and AMT Technology
Mar 12, 2021 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

PhilW

Member of the Trade: Audio Concierge
Welcome to the Official oBravo Audio Thread where we can discuss all things relating to oBravo. From the patented driver technologies, to the difference in cable conductors within the cables.

oBravo was founded in Taiwan in 2006 by a music lover who acquired a small team of engineers to work on his dream. The dream was to try and create a speaker sound from a portable headphone. After listening to countless hours on his home system, he felt there was something desperately left wanting from the current products on the market in delivering this sonic signature. The team set about trying to make this dream happen and began to develop two or their own drivers, their planar magnetic driver and AMT driver. It took 6 long years of R&D for the 40mm AMT driver to be ready for production and the 40mm production version of the planar magnetic driver came a year later in 2013. oBravo though, didn't stop there. With the foresight of the massively emerging portable audio sector they pushed harder to create miniature versions of the technology. In 2014 the planar driver had been shrunk to a tiny 8mm and the following year the AMT had also been miniaturised down to 8mm. In 2015 oBravo were the first company in the world to release an earphone with a planar driver and In late 2016 oBravo launched their AMT technology in an IEM, again the first in the world to do so.

With this technology being completely in-house oBravo focus on these two proprietary technologies in their products, planar AND Air Motion Transformer. These technologies have often been integrated into the products in a coaxial design, using a dynamic driver set behind them in various sizes. With the current exemption of 2 products where the drivers are adjacent to each other.

oBravo's main goal is to make portable audio that tries to be as close as possible to a full size hifi speaker system. Impossible however it may seem, the amazingly fast AMT technology and incredible planar driver that is used helps to achieve this goal.

2021 marks a big change for oBravo Audio with the introduction of a plethora of new products, a selection of revised items and the discontinuation of a number of headphones and earphones to slim down the range. This increased focus will hope to bring about a better understanding of the oBravo brand, make it easier for clients to choose which of their amazing products is right for them and also make it much less confusing.

We look forward to hearing from you and announcing all the latest news and information about upcoming projects and events.

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 41
My Ra c cu is awesome matching with P6 pro + Cayin C9 !

F4B5A09A-4D45-41FC-B282-6788BE4C46D7.jpeg

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 41
Mar 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #9 of 41
I am due to get my brand spanking new Ra 21 C-Cu early next week. Gotta say thanks to @PhilW for letting me change my mind and upgrade to the flagship from my current (and still super new) Ra 21 C.

I have been keeping a watchful eye on the movement of the DHL Express package towards the UK all the way from Taiwan for a few days now :D
Haven't been this excited about a hifi purchase since I got my own MMR Thummim!

Mar 13, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #10 of 41
"As with the bass, the mids carry a good sense of weight without sharpness. Transients are lightning quick, giving the Ra21 a real affinity for faster paced guitar music and other intricate stringed compositions. There is a nice balance of crunch, married to an old school analogue tone, which actually reminds me a little of the classic JH Audio sound, albeit one that has been on a strict WeightWatchers regime for a few months. The Ra21 excel in bringing the emotion out of a track, picking up plenty of background nuance without straining to provide the resolution."

https://audioprimate.blog/2021/03/05/obravo-ra-21-c/

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #11 of 41
Look forward to getting my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu tomorrow and starting a few days of running it in.

I wasn't much of a believer in burning audio gear in but witnessed quite a lot of changes in the performance of my Eletech cables and in the Ra-C 21 that I am upgrading from.

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 41
" everyone "seems excited about Oriolus Traillii , and definitely thinks this is the best sounding iem right now I don't want to believe a closed Iem
( 4Sonion + 8 Ba transducer ) can sound better than Obravo Ra - the AMT transducer +16 mm dynamics ?
The presentation ( Iem Traillii +package) is very average in my opinion.
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare Obravo Ra -21 vs Traillii?

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #14 of 41
Mar 16, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #15 of 41
What a beaut!

Attachments

• 522E298F-E1AD-4AE8-A865-FA4FC91C9847.jpeg
    522E298F-E1AD-4AE8-A865-FA4FC91C9847.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back