The Official Mass Effect 3 Thread
Apr 1, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #151 of 223
I've played through the 'insanity' difficulty level in ME2 as an infiltrator. One of my friends, a vanguard class, had a harder time of it since the class relies on suicidal charges toward the enemy anyway.

And some powers most certainly aren't "useless" in harder difficulties. In fact, as an infiltrator, the cloaking power is what bolsters you killing capacity and prevents enemies from targeting you (at the expense of health and shield regeneration). I rarely subscribe to that Game-FAQs mentality of "this is the most effective / best way to play, so you need to play this way." Especially with games like Mass Effect. It bores me.

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #152 of 223
Like I said, I don't play Infiltrator. I'm sure it's cloaking tactic is useful, but what else in terms of powers? Ammo, Barrier/Shields, and Slowdown. None of the FLASHY powers (Push, Pull, Slam, Singularity, Shockwave, etc) work unless the enemies are down to health. So again, all the fun powers are useless in hard difficulties.

Warp, Reave, Inferno, are powers that work about as well as just plainly shooting an enemy with a proper ammo power. Also, their effects (like enemy panicking with Fire/freezing, only works again, when down to health (or in the case of small mechs, Disrupt works when they are down to armor)...

Had most powers worked when enemies had special defenses up, the game would have been that much more fun when using powers, enough to warrant using them.

Kukuk, seen it rarely. Still better than the random Shepard looking down and to the sides when running on the Normandy in ME2 (which happened almost always for me), lol.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #153 of 223
You have to use your powers/squadmate powers to create biotic explosions. This can be a great way of dealing with lots of enemies when they're packed together.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #154 of 223
And I do. But again, I'm referring to the powers that actually knock enemies off their feet. None work unless they are down to health. I wasn't referring to damage, but actual effects.

If a mob of enemies have special defenses up, doing an AoE attacklike Incinerate/Cryo Blast, you'll just get a very little amount of damage on the group. No useful until they are down to health, which again, is when they'll die in a hurry with anything thrown at them at that point.

Note: I'm referring to playing the Story, not multi.

FEMSHEP4LIFE

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #155 of 223
Hey MuppetFace, you beat this yet?
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #157 of 223
I got one of the old ones when ME2 came out for $50. Shame the ones cost that much more

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #158 of 223
Finally had the time to sit down and finish the game... and crap, now I see why so many people were upset.  MAJOR letdown with the ending and choices.

I had about a 2700 effective score at the end and chose to destroy the Reapers and synthetics... all options were weak and IMHO, it was a horrible way to end the trilogy.  
Anyone else excited to see what this new ending DLC will be?  Any guesses?

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #159 of 223
It's not a new ending, they've already confirmed that. It's an extended cut so to speak. Giving you a little more story after, but the ending of the series still comes down to a 1/3 choice. Which is kind of a bummer. You can play the game fully and get, for the most part, the exact same endings as someone who just powered through it in a couple hours.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #160 of 223
Hopefully they show you what the outcome is of the choices you made regarding the different species. Kinda stupid that they just didn't show the outcome for any of the choices you made, choices that are supposed to have huge consequences.

Also, regarding a secret ending sequence:
If you have 4000-5000 effective military strength (depends on if The Illusive Man shoots Anderson) you get a brief extra ending video, but only if you choose to destroy the reapers. I won't spoil what it is!
Incentive to play again, I guess!

Also, if you don't feel like playing multiplayer to get the needed effective military strength, you can edit some file (or download one)  that will give you more military strength whenever you finish a quest. Kind of cheating, but if you can't be bother with playing multiplayer, it's the only way you can get the secret ending!

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #162 of 223
It's called a Coalesced.bin mod. I think if you do a Google search you can find more info. Using this, you can even unlock pre-order bonus weapons and stuff. Not sure if that's legal or not, so I won't link you to any downloads, but I'm sure a Google search will tell you all you need to know.
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #164 of 223
Welp. I did it again. Gave it another playthrough, this time as a Sentinel. It's kind of fun playing with powers, and it's especially cool that the Sentinel does guns well on top of them. I ended up re-spec'ing my character a few times just to try thing differently. Playing through normal on a clean save is also much different from playing on a new game + save. I actually died a few times!

Now hopefully I can successfully shelf the game for a while...

May 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #165 of 223
^I'm waiting for the EC to come out before I replay it, and I'm even tempted to replay the entire series in anticipation of the EC. With my luck the EC will be a very minimal change, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back