The Official Mass Effect 3 Thread
Nov 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #211 of 223
One of the developers at Bioware reportedly said ME4's protagonist "wouldn't be a soldier." Probably just hearsay, but I wish it was true.

I'd love a prequel taking place during the previous cycle at the height of the Prothean empire, perhaps just as the Reapers appear, playing as the head scientist assigned to oversee development of the newly discovered Crucible plans. Your sidekick can be an "ancient Asari," a vanguard-type character who has limited intelligence and no biotic powers, but can kick copious amounts of ass (pretty much the opposite of "modern Asari" in that sense...).

Maybe teach a primitive Hanar how to sing.

Too bad that will never happen.

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #212 of 223
has anyone played the omega dlc yet? i know mad lust probably has by now, i havent gotten around to it because im still playing me1 trying to make the perfect shepard to carry over until the end

i'm reading on destructoid that it kind of sucks...which kind of sucks :frowning2:

i was looking forward to finally playing omega and leviathan once i worked my way up to me3 again

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #213 of 223
I enjoyed it. Its pretty lengthy which is always good. Lots of action, which is the opposite of the Leviathan DLC. My only complaint was that because it is Omega, the scenery wasnt attractive. Lots of industrial areas, and areas that are too much like Mordi's recruitment in ME2.

I've always enjoyed the scenery in Mass Effect, so that was a let down in Omega.

Still, its worth playing,, IMHO. More of Aria is never a bad thing, and it's her story.

In other news...

Got the new N7 zip up hoodie! Looks and feels amazing.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #214 of 223
Quote:
has anyone played the omega dlc yet? i know mad lust probably has by now, i havent gotten around to it because im still playing me1 trying to make the perfect shepard to carry over until the end

i'm reading on destructoid that it kind of sucks...which kind of sucks :frowning2:

i was looking forward to finally playing omega and leviathan once i worked my way up to me3 again

I liked it. Main faults with it was the fact you couldn't go back to Omega after clearing it out and you can't use your own squad. I thought Leviathan was kinda dull.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #215 of 223
Leviathan is worth playing for the backstory, which is very revealing, but definitely overpriced.

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #216 of 223
would you say omega was worth the money tho? how long is it? 

i'll be straight up, i feel like im being nickel and dimed by bioware into buying a complete expierence that should have been there from the start just to get a whole expierence again, same way i felt about me2

but me2 redeemed itself to me since most dlc was on disc if you bought it on ps3 which i did after having already played it on 360

this time around, it sucks, and what i have seen or played hasnt lived up to even the worst of the dlc on me2

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #217 of 223
Well, as an ME fan, I'll lap up all the DLCs, though I dont think its worth 15 dollars. Thats too much money for a 3-4 hour sidequest. Shorter if you play on easier modes.

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #218 of 223
Omega DLC was pretty mediocre, typifying much of what's wrong with ME3. Basically just go from point A to B, shoot at Cerberus goons, and pick one of two dialog choices now and then. The "hub" was pretty much not a hub at all, basically two rooms with some folks standing around chatting idly. Side quests were pretty much "press the A button when you see a terminal along the way."

The new character was cool, but they didn't do much with her before tossing her to the side. The new enemies were interesting but anticlimactic, as was the entire mission itself. Most of the new weapons were already available in other forms elsewhere.

The only really worthwhile aspects for me were seeing the beautifully rendered Omega skyline, which brought back pleasant memories of ME2 and the last area from ME1 (climbing up the council chamber exterior), and the fact that there was SOME character development with Aria that was dialog dependent. Based on your dialog choices, her personality changes and you get (slightly) different outcomes. That would have been par for the course in the first two games, but here it feels like a major treat in a game that was so largely devoid of actual role playing.

The fact that this cost $15 is kinda pathetic TBH, but I enjoyed it regardless. Still pales in comparison to what the franchise used to be.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #219 of 223
anyone know what he story will be like of the new ME4? i heard they just started with the game..aiming to get it ready in 2014?

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #220 of 223
Quote:
anyone know what he story will be like of the new ME4? i heard they just started with the game..aiming to get it ready in 2014?

I can't see it not being a prequel to the current trilogy given the three drastically different endings (and choosing a single "canon" ending would be really lame).

Pretty much the only "official" info last I heard was that you wont be playing as Shepard. BioWare considers that chapter in the Mass Effect mythos closed. Some idle developer chit chat apparently said the main protagonist "wont be a soldier" and that the gameplay will be recognizably Mass Effect while potentially implementing new things.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up for a very good game. BioWare isn't the same company they used to be what with the EA acquisition and most of their key creative members abandoning ship. But you never know... they could actually do something interesting if they take some risks and stop trying to make Mass Effect into Gears of War.

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #221 of 223
I can't see it not being a prequel to the current trilogy given the three drastically different endings (and choosing a single "canon" ending would be really lame).

Pretty much the only "official" info last I heard was that you wont be playing as Shepard. BioWare considers that chapter in the Mass Effect mythos closed. Some idle developer chit chat apparently said the main protagonist "wont be a soldier" and that the gameplay will be recognizably Mass Effect while potentially implementing new things.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up for a very good game. BioWare isn't the same company they used to be what with the EA acquisition and most of their key creative members abandoning ship. But you never know... they could actually do something interesting if they take some risks and stop trying to make Mass Effect into Gears of War.

Yeah i read that also bout shepard and i read a different studio will be making the game..and they will use a different 'engine'.. Cant remember the name of it..sorry

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #223 of 223
Quote:
anyone playing thru the citadel dlc? if so, thoughts so far?

I just beat it, thought it was really, really good, but totally different from... Basically everything prior to it. Through and through it's very light-hearted. It pokes a lot of fun at itself, and really it's just meant to be enjoyable and silly, and a nice change of pace from the sometimes over-dramatic tone of the main game.

At least for the first half of it, the premise is absolutely absurd, but again, it pokes a lot of fun at itself. The second half is basically love letter to the fans of the series. You get to mingle with your crew, play games, do a battle arena, etc.

And it's got a lot of hilarious writing in it, pretty much the whole way through. There's even some funny visual gags, like this.

Overall a fantastic sendoff to the current series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back