The Official Koss Pro 4AAT Appreciation thread
Oct 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 32
I use  Koss Pro4AA's and Pro4AAT's

They work quite well

The AA's are heavy but great laying down and seal well whether sitting or laying

The T's are much lighter and still seal well

Sep 7, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #32 of 32
Sorry to necro a thread that hasn't been posted to in 4 years, but I just got a pair of Koss PRO4AAT headphones today.

I had a few pair of RadioShack PRO 35 Titanium headphones and when they went out of business the Koss KTXPRO1 Titanium portable headphones were supposedly taking their place. After wearing out a few pair of those I decided to get a pair of the PRO4AAT Titanium full-sized headphones.

I use my Thinkpad X61 running FreeBSD as an Operating System and XMMS as my MP3 player, and is what I've using my KTXPRO1 headphones with so I hooked them up. The base was somewhat lacking and after reading that players like an Ipod might not have enough power to drive them, fired up my Pioneer SA-520 tube amp and Optimus 10 band Graphic Equalizer to try them out.

Everything I had read about them not having enough bass, mids, highs or soundstage went out the window and I'm pretty happy with them so far. They are heavier than I anticipated, but are comfortable fitting and not bad at all when kicked back in a recliner.

It takes about 24 hours for the tubes in my amp to really warm up to where they put out the sound they're supposed to, and apparently the titanium diaphragms take a few days to wear-in, so I'm looking forward to them sounding better and better over the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back