The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Aug 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #511 of 1,043
Quote:
Me: BURN IN HELL! THANKS FOR RUINING ANOTHER GREAT FRANCHISE!

This is my thoughts to Japans gaming industry as a whole right now, there's an ever growing list of games that are not being localized ever or for ever waiting for localaztion to be friggin completed -.- 

Pso2 must b epic but oh wait not in English offically yet, Monster Hunter Frontier never coming west, the MH Online game... who knows seems like Capcom does NOT WANT it to go west ward... Not to mention the lack of any New Mega Man games in gawd know hows long.... really Japan... thanks for screwing us... at least Nintendo and Pokemon still don't dissappoint. N fire Emblem is a series I need to b playing... Tatical Rpgs are most fun! 

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #512 of 1,043
Quote:
This is my thoughts to Japans gaming industry as a whole right now, there's an ever growing list of games that are not being localized ever or for ever waiting for localaztion to be friggin completed -.- 

Pso2 must b epic but oh wait not in English offically yet, Monster Hunter Frontier never coming west, the MH Online game... who knows seems like Capcom does NOT WANT it to go west ward... Not to mention the lack of any New Mega Man games in gawd know hows long.... really Japan... thanks for screwing us... at least Nintendo and Pokemon still don't dissappoint. N fire Emblem is a series I need to b playing... Tatical Rpgs are most fun! 

Yep... though as of late I look at the games being released and am just like "eh... I don't even know if i wanna buy any of these".

PSO2 was fun but got so repetitive.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #513 of 1,043
Quote:
Yep... though as of late I look at the games being released and am just like "eh... I don't even know if i wanna buy any of these".

PSO2 was fun but got so repetitive.

Yea all games are Repetitive, at least PSO2 looks wonderful and has mega updates. And MOnster Hunter is the most Repeptive game ever, I swear I've killed the same Dino like 100 times lol, with ofc 30 different armor sets xD

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #514 of 1,043
Quote:
Yea all games are Repetitive, at least PSO2 looks wonderful and has mega updates. And MOnster Hunter is the most Repeptive game ever, I swear I've killed the same Dino like 100 times lol, with ofc 30 different armor sets xD

Too bad they started blocking IPs when you tried to join me D:
Now that I think of it, PSO and MH are pretty much identical, just one is high tech and the other is wild.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #515 of 1,043
Quote:
Now that I think of it, PSO and MH are pretty much identical, just one is high tech and the other is wild.

I know, and please don't remind me of that xD. UGH I wanted to play Pso2 so bad. Although I could never get the English Patches to Work that being said... I couldn't get logged in either! And if it ws because I was being Ip blocked I could read that xD 

Still mad though, two GREAT games that have the CLASSIC Battle Style I like, BOTH Japan only -.- and sadly MH3U did not have any real DLC 

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #516 of 1,043

I know, and please don't remind me of that xD. UGH I wanted to play Pso2 so bad. Although I could never get the English Patches to Work that being said... I couldn't get logged in either! And if it ws because I was being Ip blocked I could read that xD 

Still mad though, two GREAT games that have the CLASSIC Battle Style I like, BOTH Japan only -.- and sadly MH3U did not have any real DLC 
Not sure if this makes you feel better.: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/asiasoft-to-release-pso-2-and-dc-universe-online-in-southeast-asia-6409039
(also, inb4 t3h EU/NA people whine about how SE Asia might be getting an official English release before they will)

Anyway, I thought the PSO2 IP block is only a limited block. As in, it doesn't affect every non-Japanese IP. So proxies and other such shenanigans should work. I can understand why Sega might implement a regional IP filter (I'm guessing the English players on PSO2 are like the Brazilians on English-translated MMORPGs), but a partial block is beyond my ken.

I heard Mabinogi has a similar battle style... might want to try that if you still can't get PSO2 to launch.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #517 of 1,043
Just got my Limited Edition Tales of Xillia. I'm SO hyped, and saddened at the fact that today is my Monday, so i have a damn work week before I truly sink my teeth into this game.

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #518 of 1,043
Pretty sure south east Asia always got English releases before NA/Europe lately. We can blame the NA market being dominated by WoW for so long.

And no... Mabinogi plays completely different. Mabinogi is one of those games where getting hit is pretty much out of the question. PSO2 you just gotta avoid getting knocked down cause it takes up your time (timed missions and etc.)

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #519 of 1,043
Quote:
Pretty sure south east Asia always got English releases before NA/Europe lately. We can blame the NA market being dominated by WoW for so long.

And no... Mabinogi plays completely different. Mabinogi is one of those games where getting hit is pretty much out of the question. PSO2 you just gotta avoid getting knocked down cause it takes up your time (timed missions and etc.)

someone else plays mabinogi!!!! holy shmowzow!!!! seriously one of the best F2P mmo's, its almost sims-esk, and yes; the rule of the game is don't get hit. Last time i played....a few months ago; I was level total level 550 and at level 70; still get wrecked by kobolds in Math.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #520 of 1,043
someone else plays mabinogi!!!! holy shmowzow!!!! seriously one of the best F2P mmo's, its almost sims-esk, and yes; the rule of the game is don't get hit. Last time i played....a few months ago; I was level total level 550 and at level 70; still get wrecked by kobolds in Math.

Lol Mabinogi is awesome... The only problem is how I lag to these West Coast based servers. And as an archer, it's difficult. Arrows always miss and all...

Forgot my total level but I like how in that game no matter what level you are many of the lower level mobs can still kill you.

Haven't played in a long long time. My friends were all super high level. Had I continued playing I would have been first to reach rank 1 magnum.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #521 of 1,043
Quote:
Lol Mabinogi is awesome... The only problem is how I lag to these West Coast based servers. And as an archer, it's difficult. Arrows always miss and all...

Forgot my total level but I like how in that game no matter what level you are many of the lower level mobs can still kill you.

Haven't played in a long long time. My friends were all super high level. Had I continued playing I would have been first to reach rank 1 magnum.

yeah man, I feel ya. I stopped playing a long long time ago. But I want to go back....paying pay to play MMO's reminds me of why I hate pay to play MMO's.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #522 of 1,043
Quote:
Recently finished playing persona 4 golden on the ps vita and it is now one of my favorite games. if you are a fan of shin megami tensei and atlus i recommend it.

Soon... Really soon...

Quote:
Not sure if this makes you feel better.: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/asiasoft-to-release-pso-2-and-dc-universe-online-in-southeast-asia-6409039
(also, inb4 t3h EU/NA people whine about how SE Asia might be getting an official English release before they will)

Anyway, I thought the PSO2 IP block is only a limited block. As in, it doesn't affect every non-Japanese IP. So proxies and other such shenanigans should work. I can understand why Sega might implement a regional IP filter (I'm guessing the English players on PSO2 are like the Brazilians on English-translated MMORPGs), but a partial block is beyond my ken.

I heard Mabinogi has a similar battle style... might want to try that if you still can't get PSO2 to launch.

GOOD NEWS!
PSO2 ENGLISH ANNOUNCED FOR SOUTH EAST ASIA FIRST!
SCREW YOU NA AND EU PLAYERS!

BAD NEWS!
IT'S ASIASOFT! 
FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad news actually kills it.

Mabinogi? I THINK I did try it... A long time ago. Didn't stick to it. Now playing TERA EU which, GameForge is screwing up right now.

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #523 of 1,043
Quote:

GOOD NEWS!
PSO2 ENGLISH ANNOUNCED FOR SOUTH EAST ASIA FIRST!
SCREW YOU NA AND EU PLAYERS!

BAD NEWS!
IT'S ASIASOFT! 
FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad news actually kills it.

Mabinogi? I THINK I did try it... A long time ago. Didn't stick to it. Now playing TERA EU which, GameForge is screwing up right now.

Uhh yea I ranted about that like a month ago... although I share your sentiments and I too and super pissed... still 

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #525 of 1,043
I just bumped an Indie game thread mentioning JRPG's.

To quote myself...

"This thread deserves a bump for Kickstarter project, Project Phoenix. 

Any JRPG fans here? I grew up on the classic SNES titles. 

Phoenix seems so promising. "

Nobuo Uematsu is on board :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back