The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Jul 23, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #706 of 1,041
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is coming out for PC next week for $20!

Anyone play this game on PSP? I hear many good things about it, but JRPG fandom seems to rave about any and every JRPG we get nowadays, since the many years of drought have led us to being less picky. the last game I got from Falcom was Ys: Memories of Celceta, and I just couldn't get too into it, though I was about 60% done. I tend to finish my RPGs, so that says a lot.

Yay revival! I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out for $20.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #707 of 1,041
If you order in the first week, you'll get 15% off, so it's basically $17, unless my math is completely off.

And I feel I'll be more active on this thread since soooo many rpgs are coming out in the next few months that I want.

LoH: **** (the game I just mentioned)
Tales of Hearts R (Vita)
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5

I'm sure I'm missing a few too.

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #708 of 1,041
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is coming out for PC next week for $20!

Anyone play this game on PSP? I hear many good things about it, but JRPG fandom seems to rave about any and every JRPG we get nowadays, since the many years of drought have led us to being less picky. the last game I got from Falcom was Ys: Memories of Celceta, and I just couldn't get too into it, though I was about 60% done. I tend to finish my RPGs, so that says a lot.

Legend of Heroes on the PSP rocks!!!! i don't feel positive about the Tails in the Sky version but will play it on PC!!! sadly the story got another game if not two as a continu so really dont wana wait

beside the one comes after it "Zero no Ksikie" got two games, and seems GOOD~~~!!!!!! Trails in Sky compared with it seems childish, its like the 2nd LOH game the witch story, not the same as the 1st and 3rd, was epic <3  hey but i will play all!!!!   also seems like we will wait a lot for the PS3 version :< 

btw right now i am playing Persona 3 in HARD mode, makes the game TOO EPIC!!! easily in my top 5 story/gameplay wise if not the best, that is in Hard mode ofc, not Easy.

anyone here played Persona 3 FES hard mode? 

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #709 of 1,041
If you order in the first week, you'll get 15% off, so it's basically $17, unless my math is completely off.

And I feel I'll be more active on this thread since soooo many rpgs are coming out in the next few months that I want.

LoH: **** (the game I just mentioned)
Tales of Hearts R (Vita)
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5

I'm sure I'm missing a few too.

I just realized... did they censor **** in your post? XD

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #710 of 1,041
just bought LoH from Steam, man we have to wait for thr 2nd and 3rd chapter then wait for Zero no Ksikie.... no time to learn Jap here :<  would have solved 50% of my problems...

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #711 of 1,041
Probably should've wrote T.I.T.S. (Trails in the Sky). :rolleyes:

Speaking of... the game is having a lot of problems crashing and bugs. Not what i wanted to hear and personally experience.... :frowning2:

XSeed is working to fix them, but it's still irritating.

The first day was crash city.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #712 of 1,041
Probably should've wrote T.I.T.S. (Trails in the Sky).
rolleyes.gif

Speaking of... the game is having a lot of problems crashing and bugs. Not what i wanted to hear and personally experience....
frown.gif

XSeed is working to fix them, but it's still irritating.

The first day was crash city.

Reminds me of when Pokemon X and Y came out, I was a victim of the Lumiose city glitch and I lost a shiny Pidgey. D:

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #713 of 1,041
Didn't have a crash tonight, thankfully.

Also, is it just me, or isn't slightly irritating when isometric-esque games have a mostly freely rotating camera? It's easy to lose your bearing in games...especially when the maps are huge. A classic example is Xenogears. Trails in the Sky is a little like that.

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #714 of 1,041
Didn't have a crash tonight, thankfully.

Also, is it just me, or isn't slightly irritating when isometric-esque games have a mostly freely rotating camera? It's easy to lose your bearing in games...especially when the maps are huge. A classic example is Xenogears. Trails in the Sky is a little like that.

That bugged me about Xenogears... I never did finish it.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #716 of 1,041
am i the only one who love Persona 3 FES which have dark theme , over the Persona 4 which have shonen theme....

cause most the people (naruto lovers) love persona 4 more, i bet they were play Easy mode, its TOO Pointless to play persona on easy.... the thrill from the hard mode is which count

Persona 3 FES is FTW for sure :3 

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #717 of 1,041
Currently playing both Diablo 3 on ps4 and Tales of Xillia 2. Of course D3 isnt a JRPG, but it is fragmenting my gaming time.

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #719 of 1,041
  am i the only one who love Persona 3 FES which have dark theme , over the Persona 4 which have shonen theme....

cause most the people (naruto lovers) love persona 4 more, i bet they were play Easy mode, its TOO Pointless to play persona on easy.... the thrill from the hard mode is which count

Persona 3 FES is FTW for sure :3 

I too share the same opinion. but after playing P4G and watching the epilogue, P4G shot pass P3 by a long shot. But I'm comparing to the normal P3 though. need some moneh to buy P3F

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #720 of 1,041
Currently working my way through FF2, that leveling system is brutal.

Youre a better soul than me. I couldn't justify getting through that game. The levelling mechanic is absolutely BS and S-E should've revamped/changed it completely through its more recent remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back