The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #271 of 354
Resident Evil 4 had it's scary moments. Even though you're more of a bad ass, having hordes of villagers hunt you down at a time felt cool. I think there needs to be a balance between being able to take control of your character (and not feel completely helpless) and being challenged. I liked that there were moments when you had to barricade the doors to avoid being overrun. At the same time, I know what you mean about its emphasis on combat. Survival horror should focus more on keeping the enemies away/surviving, rather than blowing brains out.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #274 of 354

Did you finish Outlast?  Does the scare factor hold up through the game?

I commented exactly on that when I finished the game few weeks ago http://www.head-fi.org/t/138124/rate-the-video-games-youre-currently-playing/3795#post_9783260 . Of course, this experience may vary from person to person but honestly I have to say no and I died only a handful of times in the game and I know for a fact that most of the people playing it on youtube died a lot a lot more often even if you don't see it in their videos, which will make the scare factor wear out even faster.

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #276 of 354
I remember being afraid to open the door to the Butcher's Lair in the first Diablo and hear the "Ahh..Fresh Meat!"

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #277 of 354
I remember Resident Evil 3: Nemesis back on the PS1 had so many "What?!" moments. I can only imagine how many times you would jolt if you played it with headphones on haha.

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #278 of 354
Looking forward to resident evil 1.5 resident evil 2 remake and silent hill 1 hd when they finally come out..just played silent hill 4 the room not that long ago..it was the xbox version I played on my 360 and it wasn't even full screen..even with it's dodgey controls it still beats the new silent hill games..i liked the music on homecoming though..http://youtu.be/0dXz8BMke1o

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #279 of 354
Yo,

IAGS' version of 1.5 looks awesome, and while not 100% accurate to what CAPCOM may have wanted, it's the closest we're going to get to a retail version of 1.5.

Quote:
  Looking forward to resident evil 1.5 resident evil 2 remake and silent hill 1 hd when they finally come out..just played silent hill 4 the room not that long ago..it was the xbox version I played on my 360 and it wasn't even full screen..even with it's dodgey controls it still beats the new silent hill games..i liked the music on homecoming though..http://youtu.be/0dXz8BMke1o

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #280 of 354
Anyone else excited for the release of Bethesda "Evil within" 

Looks scary as hell

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #283 of 354
  Read the wiki, sounds like a Silent Hill rip off.

That's what i thought when i saw the trailer. Something wrong happening with Japanese developers. 

I hope Bethesda release Fallout 4 soon. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #284 of 354

That's what i thought when i saw the trailer. Something wrong happening with Japanese developers. 

I hope Bethesda release Fallout 4 soon. 

Fallout 4? Come at me mods 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back