The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Mar 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #91 of 354

Quote:
Oh yea, loved condemned....number 2...not so much. It did the super gritty horror really well and the ending boss fight was pant-ruining.

I love the condemned games.  I've played through them several times.  The first one had sort of a Se7en vibe to it and I liked the atmosphere and serial killer stuff.  The second one was OK, but the supernatural Oro stuff gets really stupid.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #92 of 354

Quote:
How about Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

i never played it but looked on you tube and it looked ok..but i also seen a stalker game which looked a bit like fear and might be worth a go..p.s the new snow white film looks quite good just seen the trailer as i looked for amnesia the dark decent..

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #93 of 354

Quote:
i never played it but looked on you tube and it looked ok..but i also seen a stalker game which looked a bit like fear and might be worth a go..p.s the new snow white film looks quite good just seen the trailer as i looked for amnesia the dark decent..

Amnesia: The Dark Descent was made by the same developers that did Penumbra series. It's proper horror, unlike the action horror games that roam the gaming landscape of today.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #94 of 354

Quote:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent was made by the same developers that did Penumbra series. It's proper horror, unlike the action horror games that roam the gaming landscape of today.

I love Amnesia. Don't let the lack of fast-paced, in-your-face zombie head explosion action fool you. Play this game in the dark with good headphones, and you will probably pee yourself.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #95 of 354

Quote:
I love Amnesia. Don't let the lack of fast-paced, in-your-face zombie head explosion action fool you. Play this game in the dark with good headphones, and you will probably pee yourself.

Exactly. Psychological horror can be quite impactful, the kind that makes you doubt of shadows in real life :wink:

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #96 of 354
a good vampire horror game would be good ..no ones really made one..but they have been a lot of movies and tv shows about vampires..i hope john carpenter starts making games and does something with vampires!

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #97 of 354

Quote:
a good vampire horror game would be good ..no ones really made one..but they have been a lot of movies and tv shows about vampires..i hope john carpenter starts making games and does something with vampires or something!

Bloodline's is a good vampier based game, it's a little scary at times but not bad.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #100 of 354
It's a Suda 51, its a gamers wet dream....just sayan.

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #101 of 354
"What do you mean Virginia? Are you INSAYAN?!?" Sorry but I had to...

I've been playing Eternal Darkness again and it's more of an action game, but the game does induce some cool elements that induce fear. The sanity meter is awesome and I love it when it's drained and you heard voices, statues look at you, blood runs down the walls, fake console reset screen shows up, video cuts out, or says the memory card is corrupted.. Lols

I want Carpenter to team up with EA and help develop the next Dead Space so it's like the thing. Hell DS3 is already set on a frozen plant, might as well add some Carpenter in and make it even better! I'm a big fan of the DS games as you all know.

In other news I'm glad to say the Operation Raccoon City patch was released and fixed a crap ton of the game ending bugs. It also fixed a lot of other glitches.  So the game is a bit more playable now, but really isn't that fun. The AI is still stupid. The AI for the Zombies is worse than RE2's and that is just bad.. I mean they are looking at you then turn and walk away...

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #102 of 354

Quote:
"What do you mean Virginia? Are you INSAYAN?!?" Sorry but I had to...

I've been playing Eternal Darkness again and it's more of an action game, but the game does induce some cool elements that induce fear. The sanity meter is awesome and I love it when it's drained and you heard voices, statues look at you, blood runs down the walls, fake console reset screen shows up, video cuts out, or says the memory card is corrupted.. Lols

I want Carpenter to team up with EA and help develop the next Dead Space so it's like the thing. Hell DS3 is already set on a frozen plant, might as well add some Carpenter in and make it even better! I'm a big fan of the DS games as you all know.

In other news I'm glad to say the Operation Raccoon City patch was released and fixed a crap ton of the game ending bugs. It also fixed a lot of other glitches.  So the game is a bit more playable now, but really isn't that fun. The AI is still stupid. The AI for the Zombies is worse than RE2's and that is just bad.. I mean they are looking at you then turn and walk away...

the ai in crysis 2 has got to be the worst but it looked nice and had good music so who cares..i had deadspace one on the xbox360 and deadspace extraction i think it was called on the wii and i thought the wii light gun game version was the best out of the two..i hope john carpenter makes a full game and not only does the music because lets face it he is the master..escape from new york would be a good game i know it's not horror but it's still a classic that deserves to be turned into a game..p.s i am a big fan of horror movies aswell as the old black and white twilight zone and alfred hitchcock movies and i think psycho is a classic movie and was ahead of it's time..movies aren't what they use to be..but the twilight movies were good..and serial killer films are still worth watching but tight rope has never been bettered!

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #103 of 354
Anyone remember this? Why, why did this have to get canned?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-eB-oCWsq4

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #105 of 354

Quote:
the cancelled version of resident evil 4 looked better than the one that came out..they should bring that one out on the wii.. the wii has no games anymore..

Redwood falls looked amazing, keep in mind that was shown off in like 2008 and was in early beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back