THE Official Holiday Season Thread
Oct 24, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #16 of 42
If it wasn't for having a child, I'd say none. But since I do: X-mas.

I do notice the quality of presents I give is much higher than received...but not this year. I'm giving just as crappy gifts as I'll be receiving/throwing in the trash.

Oct 24, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 42
Gotta be Christmas for me, It's also (much to my wallets dismay) my sons birthday.

Oct 24, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #18 of 42
Maybe you should add an "other" option to the poll. Personally I love Lunar New Year, especially since I'm not married.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 42
WT#@$ am I the only one voting BF?

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #23 of 42
Christmas by far. Presents, family, good food and the Christmas spirit. You go to a shopping mall a week or two before Christmas and you can just feel the energy and the excitement of the people. Every time around this year, I get that warm feeling that I wish would stay with me the entire year.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #26 of 42
I dare you to go to the Wal-Mart where I live. You'll have at least 2 vehicles not yield on the crosswalk, and almost run you down. From there you'll have at least 6 shopping carts rammed into you for every 15 minutes there. At least 3 people will cuss you for picking up the last item of whatever they were about to buy off the shelf. The rudeness is evident everywhere you turn. And the police have to be present 24/7 due to fights that break out.

I do live close to Oklahoma. And this is Texas.

I can't wait to move to Indiana!

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #27 of 42
My favorite used to be Black Friday, till I ended up working in the retail segment... Now, I guess it's Christmas, since I am guaranteed the day off

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dare you to go to the Wal-Mart where I live. You'll have at least 2 vehicles not yield on the crosswalk, and almost run you down. From there you'll have at least 6 shopping carts rammed into you for every 15 minutes there. At least 3 people will cuss you for picking up the last item of whatever they were about to buy off the shelf. The rudeness is evident everywhere you turn. And the police have to be present 24/7 due to fights that break out.

I do live close to Oklahoma. And this is Texas.

I can't wait to move to Indiana!

I honestly can't remember when I last went to Wal-Mart.

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #29 of 42
I love the whole Christmas/New Years season because I get from Dec 20th to Jan 3rd off paid (not using any vacation days).

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the whole Christmas/New Years season because I get from Dec 20th to Jan 3rd off paid (not using any vacation days).

Yeah, me too! This year, I'm actually taking the whole month of December off...and the first week of January
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back