The Official Dota 2 Thread
Dec 25, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Yeah mechanics are pretty much the same. Even the stupid hit boxes for pulling remain.

Naix recently had a buff that added +2 seconds to Rage, so he basically has a full BKB at level 7 lol. Nyx got a buff to his Mana Burn, and Bat got a buff to basically everything. Recently he got a nerf so you can't autoattack during Lasso :l

You can get a key reeeeeally easily now; they're worth practically nothing.

AMIGO. TELL ME WHERE.

:3 I'd love to ho them noobs. Oh... that free BKB. Lol he couldn't attack during lasso in original too :3 Nyx w/ buff? :0 mangina w/ invis. 

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #32 of 47
Haha I wouldn't put him above AM; still the best carry when properly getting farm.

Um, you should be able to get a copy via beta invite. If you type in "DoTA 2 Beta" in google search it should bring up the Valve page for getting an invite. Mine took awhile to get, but Valve has been handing them out like candy recently.

You should get one in no time! :)

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #34 of 47
Quote:
Haha I wouldn't put him above AM; still the best carry when properly getting farm.
Um, you should be able to get a copy via beta invite. If you type in "DoTA 2 Beta" in google search it should bring up the Valve page for getting an invite. Mine took awhile to get, but Valve has been handing them out like candy recently.
You should get one in no time!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks mastershake :3 although I probably won't be able to play for a while.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #37 of 47
I'm on Dota 2.  Been playing since the original Dota on WC3.

Only tip I have to noobs is don't play it.  You'll want to cry after every game for the first ~48-96 hours, but you'll be addicted right after.  You'll find the worse kind of people on this game, but that's expected because each game lasts on average between 40-70 minutes and nobody wants to have someone on their team who doesn't know what they're doing.  Especially since leaving a game prematurely has consequences.

It's honestly the best online games ever created, but also has the steepest learning curve ever.  If anyone has played HoN it's basically the same, but don't ever compare Dota to LoL.  

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #38 of 47
  I'm on Dota 2.  Been playing since the original Dota on WC3.

Only tip I have to noobs is don't play it.  You'll want to cry after every game for the first ~48-96 hours, but you'll be addicted right after.  You'll find the worse kind of people on this game, but that's expected because each game lasts on average between 40-70 minutes and nobody wants to have someone on their team who doesn't know what they're doing.  Especially since leaving a game prematurely has consequences.

It's honestly the best online games ever created, but also has the steepest learning curve ever.  If anyone has played HoN it's basically the same, but don't ever compare Dota to LoL.

Amen brother.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #44 of 47
  Dazzle, Pugna, Zeus, Lina with aghanims + 2 hearts.  Nothing can touch you and you last long enough to get all the kills :D.

It's really really hard to save up to get two hearts haha. Some people have a hard time saving up for even 1. I guess you just have to farm like a mofo.

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #45 of 47
  It's really really hard to save up to get two hearts haha. Some people have a hard time saving up for even 1. I guess you just have to farm like a mofo.

Nonsense, take mid as pugna, zeus or lina.  I do random the heroes though, so I guess that helps with gold :D.  As dazzle it's had not to steal the kills because of poison touch's DOT and damage through heals.  

But you need good supports, I'm a lousy support with all heroes except for dazzle.  I play the rest like carries, and that doesn't end well most of the time :p.

My best game was as Zeus, I went 33 and 1.  Their Lycan could not kill me before I got him.  I believe I had agh's, refresher + 2 hearts that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back