The Official Cigar Thread
Feb 14, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #977 of 1,369
5a7a3e35.jpg

These came yesterday: God of Fire Don Carlos robusto

Smoked the 80th last night. Was very good but looking towards the 44th and 45th we have.

Yeah Jason, discount but we spent a ton at this place.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #979 of 1,369
Love the look of those GOF's Bill. I can't recall if I've had one or not, but I know I've always heard great things about them. I'll have to try to find a few to try when I have a decent amount of time to sit outside in something other than snow!
darthsmile.gif

Cheers!
Zach

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #980 of 1,369
a noob here, i've been smoking villinger premium no.7 lately? how do you describe it? can i call this mild? any different flavor in the price range? or any cheap but still good that i should give it a try?

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #981 of 1,369
Welcome to the thread Fhuang.

I have never had that particular cigar. But as for a mild stick on the cheaper side of the scale I would recommend: Oliva O (Non Cuban), Fonseca 8-9-8 (Non Cuban), Any Fonseca (Cuban), Jose Piedra (Cuban), Tatuaje Havan VI (NC) or Kristoff Criollo (NC) (the last two may be a bit stronger than yours but a good smoke),

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #982 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a noob here, i've been smoking villinger premium no.7 lately? how do you describe it? can i call this mild? any different flavor in the price range? or any cheap but still good that i should give it a try?

Hi fhuang,
For all those not familiar with Villiger cigars, they're made in Switzerland and are primarily machine made. I can't really tell by the literature what strength the no. 7's are, but judging by the marketing spiel, they may be between mild and medium, maybe more toward the mid-ranged medium. Brazilian tobaccos make up the bulk of the cigar. It looks as if these might be hand made, but I can't be sure.

If you want a similar cigar taste-wise, give the CAO Brazilia a try, as it is made with Brazilian tobacco as well. The Brazilia is, however, a fuller bodied smoke, as the wrapper is Brazilian maduro. A nice smoke, but maybe a little strong.

Cheers,
Zach

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #984 of 1,369
thanks guys. just finished learning the thing here on head-fi and now i'm going to a "new" hobby and to learn everything...i guess i'm really a guy who enjoy the journey.....also this cigar thing, very expense.....

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #986 of 1,369
Welcome to the thread fellow BOTLs. You guys should check out or join: cigarasylum.com cigarpass.com onlinehumidor.com and maybe puff.com as well.

You can find good deals and they have lots of info on those sites.

oh yeah got my H Upmann Mag 48 EL and Bolivar Petit Corona boxes yesterday. Looked great. Girl got Monte 2 and Partagas Short boxes as well.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #987 of 1,369
Man, I'm only a member of one of those forums. I've been meaning to check out cigar asylum for a while now, maybe I should, lol.
redface.gif

Cheers,
Zach

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #988 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I'm only a member of one of those forums. I've been meaning to check out cigar asylum for a while now, maybe I should, lol.
redface.gif

Cheers,
Zach

You are not an inmate?? sheesh

How are those Fonsecas?
I am looking at some Hoyo Petit Robustos once again. They are great short smokes and little flavor bombs

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #989 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are those Fonsecas?
I am looking at some Hoyo Petit Robustos once again. They are great short smokes and little flavor bombs

They're pretty good. I hate to admit it, but they're all I have in the humidor right now, so I've had about five or six now. The construction can be hit or miss sometimes, with a few draw problems, but nothing major. I did a review here with some more of my impressions. I really have to get a better job to support my habit, lol.

I'm being committed to the asylum as I type.
beerchug.gif

Cheers,
Zach

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #990 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are those Fonsecas?

Just smoked one last weekend. Is it the best from this brand, according to you? Heard about the Epicure series, but did not try yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back