The Official Cigar Thread
Aug 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #766 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bill,

You took too long. I just bought a box of LG Diez's, box not the cab lol, and a box of those LAdc/San Cris Lancero's. So much for going for a split lol.

Thanks a lot brother.
frown.gif

I have no funds right now anyway plus I am cutting down a bit on spending so I can kill some bills.

The LGs are pretty good.

Aug 23, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #767 of 1,369
I'm sitting on my porch smoking an RP Decades Lancero. I'm becoming a big fan of the rocky patels. They're now my default "I'm at a cigar store, may as well buy something" cigar.

Aug 24, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #768 of 1,369
First week down, (triumphant shout)! I celebrated with my first Partagas Black. Very deep flavors, nicely constructed, but had a burn problem which may have resulted from the less than optimal storage conditions the shop had them in. Now, if I could just bring myself to skip dinner a few nights and buy the huge Oliva Special S they have down at my new local shop, I could celebrate right!

Cheers,
Zach

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #769 of 1,369
Had my first really unsmokable cigiar,
a Belinda Epicure. bitter, bitter, bitter.
I smoke on straight out of the pack and let the rest mellow
for a week. still bad.
the wrapper aroma smells mild, along with the light brown color.
terrible.
on to the next cheap 5 pack.

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #770 of 1,369
I just smoked a Quintero Panatelas. Nice smoke, one of my favorites from the limited amount of cigars I've smoked. I'm just getting into cigars and I'm quite shocked by how much more cigars cost in Australia compared to the USA. About 3x more expensive here. I'm still searching for an affordable everyday smoke, something less than $5 a stick.

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #771 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for a week. still bad.
terrible.

Why don't you give us a price range and I am sure Bill, Grawk, myself and some others can give you a few suggestions for a good smoke.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingo Lingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just smoked a Quintero Panatelas. Nice smoke, one of my favorites from the limited amount of cigars I've smoked. I'm just getting into cigars and I'm quite shocked by how much more cigars cost in Australia compared to the USA. About 3x more expensive here. I'm still searching for an affordable everyday smoke, something less than $5 a stick.

Ya I hear Australia's tobacco taxes are near strangle worthy. Maybe a trip to Hong Kong is in order?
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #772 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for a week. still bad.
terrible.

Ca-Ca-Carlos Toraño Co-Co-Combo Breaker
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #773 of 1,369
My price range has been around $15 for a pack of 5 from JR cigars on 5th ave.
the la aurora robustos were nice at that price. the wrapper aroma was lovely,
hints of mocha, dark chocolate but smoking it was different. it was very mild, no harsh spicyness but very close to almost no flavor.
I've had the Maria Mancini's in both Maduro and EMS wrapper, another smokable stick. midway between med to full bodied but it does feel loose
and draw was relatively easy. even with the loose draw, there were still lots of smoke. I smoked these to the nub but want to try more brands.
I only have access to JR, yep, no CC therefore no internet orders.
unless there's another reasonably priced cigar store in Manhattan.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #776 of 1,369
So I was minding my own business when a box arrived...wonder what it is?

web.jpg

From kansas, someplace called "NF"...

It's got lots of bubblewrap...

web.jpg

are those some kind of missile?

web.jpg

Rut Roh! It's a nuke!

web.jpg

Sep 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #777 of 1,369
Wow. That is one excellent hit. I'm so sorry about your house Grawk. I spy a few Cohiba's, an Oliva V...is that an Opus X there, or just a similar band? In any case, I hope rebuilding goes well.

Cheers all,
Zach

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #779 of 1,369
Happy Labor Day cigar smokers.

I still smoke but have been living a lot healthier of late. Joining a gym next week so I can lift again. I am down to 214lbs from 245lbs in late July. Eating better helps a lot. Down to a cigar a day right now. I may buy another box of DPG Cuban Classics soon though.

I will try to post more here. Be safe people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back