The Official Cigar Thread
Jun 18, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #526 of 1,369
Thats quite a haul, Bill. The gods of fire are certainly pleased.

Cheers.

Zach

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #527 of 1,369
dn_ryj_cedros.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Coronitas en Cedro. I may actually bomb that dude at Puff with a box of these (if they smoke good ROTT) or the Mille Fleurs.

Zach, sent you a PM.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #529 of 1,369
That would be a verifiable nuclear attack of a bomb, Bill. He's a great guy, so he'd be well deserving of it.

I'm ordering some sticks as we speak, so the journey has begun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers.

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #530 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be a verifiable nuclear attack of a bomb, Bill. ****** a great guy, so he'd be well deserving of it.

I'm ordering some sticks as we speak, so the journey has begun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers.

Zach, please take his screen name out of your post please. I do not know if he follows other forums but I think I posted that I was recruiting from multiple forums. Thanks dude.

Cannot wait to get those Upmanns. Eventually we need to get some No 2s.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #531 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zach, please take his screen name out of your post please. I do not know if he follows other forums but I think I posted that I was recruiting from multiple forums. Thanks dude.

Done, no surprise ruining shall stem from me. I'll let you know as soon as the Upmanns arrive, if only to further stir salivary glands.
beyersmile.png

I've been smoking some Cusano M1 Connecticut Torpedoes lately (thats what I ended up buying for my uncle's mild cigar foray) and I have to say that they're a good smoke. I smoke them when my mind is occupied elsewhere with a book, the computer, etc. I still get good flavors and aromas, but I don't need to sit there and pick through them to appreciate depth and complexity.

Jun 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #532 of 1,369
Thanks for the edit Zach. I appreciate it.

I ordered some Diplomaticos No 5s today. Cannot wait to try them.

Zach, smoke any of my sticks? get on it son.
normal_smile .gif

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #533 of 1,369
Ha ha, I have been smoking a few of them. The Oliva Master Blend III was great, I've had one before due to a stroke of luck at the B&M, and this one was just a smooth. It was a smooth, medium body smoke by my reckoning, and was a great accompaniment to the scotch I paired it with. I also had two of the Fuente blends, the Don Carlos (?) and the Viejo, which blew me away. I hadn't even heard of them (a testament to my lack of attention), but it was a great, fuller body cigar. Great flavors of some pepper, natural tobacco, and a touch of spice if I remember right. Excellent smokes.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #534 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha, I have been smoking a few of them. The Oliva Master Blend III was great, I've had one before due to a stroke of luck at the B&M, and this one was just a smooth. It was a smooth, medium body smoke by my reckoning, and was a great accompaniment to the scotch I paired it with. I also had two of the Fuente blends, the Don Carlos (?) and the Viejo, which blew me away. I hadn't even heard of them (a testament to my lack of attention), but it was a great, fuller body cigar. Great flavors of some pepper, natural tobacco, and a touch of spice if I remember right. Excellent smokes.

I like the MB3 a lot. I think I have a few left.
The Anejo came about after a hurricane destroyed a lot of the Opus X wrappers plants. It uses an Connecticut broadleaf wrapper that is aged in cognac barrels. the blend is a mix of Opus and Don Carlos IIRC. Really good stuff.

I think I sent you Sun Grown (black ribbon) and a Maduro (green ribbon) Chateaus.

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #535 of 1,369
yep, those would be the ones. I think I was smoking the Sun Grown while visiting the local cigar lounge and the proprietor took a guess as to what it was.

I'll be smoking the maduro today on the porch before I have to get to work at four.

Cheers.

Jun 23, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #536 of 1,369
Zach how was the Maduro?

Did the Upmanns ship yet?

I just ordered some Fonseca Cosacos from PE. I needed to refill my humidor as I pulled a couple of empties out.
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #537 of 1,369
The Diplomatico no. 2's were our go to cigar purchase.
always brought a box back. I see the reviews for it are not stellar.
they were always a good smoke when I bought them 10 years ago.
nice balanced flavor, no bitterness, loads of smoke. wish I had some now.

I just finished a couple of Maria Mancini Magic mountains in the maduro wrapper.
I'm not a fan of maduro wrappers but that's all j & r had at the store.
I'd say this was much better smoke than the La aurora robusto. it was an easy
smoke through and through. the aroma was sweet, burned evenly throughout,
a nice mild to strong cigar. I'd buy this one again. especially at $11 for a 5pk.

I had another la aurora robusto on Sunday, the first few puffs were really bitter,
then it mellowed out and burned slightly hot near the end. I'm not going to buy
another 5pk of this and stick with the maria mancinis.
I also think my box is too humid, some wrappers are unraveling. maybe that affected
the taste.

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #538 of 1,369
Blind Tiger,
11 bucks for a five pack is a great price! I'll have to see if I can find any of those in my local b&m's. I think I"ve said it before, but at 3 bucks a stick, the Cusano M1 Connecticut is my go to bargain mild smoke.

Bill, the Upmanns shipped yesterday and I'm waiting with bated breath for their arrival.
smily_headphones1.gif
The maduro was a great smoke. It wasn't too long as to get too strong before work, and it had nice dark almost chocolatey flavors (though my palate isn't sophisticated enough to be sure. Another winner from that batch you sent me.

Cheers.

Zach

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #539 of 1,369
Zach, I have always loved Chateaus. The natural is a solid choice too.

I am nearing a 50/50 split of NC and CCs. The Cubans really grow on you. They usually are very smooth. Hoping the Upmanns turn out good too. They rave about them at Puff and CA.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #540 of 1,369
Mailman delivered this 'nade while I was smoking a CAO:

kydsid_nade.jpg

I know who it is and thanks Jason.

Funny how I was looking at a box of the Cien Anos last night at Cigarplace.

EDIT:

Anyone game for a box split of Oliva V or LADC Especial Edicions shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back