The Official Cigar Thread
Jul 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #601 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My recommendation would be get a small-ish desktop humidor (say 50 cigars), and when you want more, get a cooler and do the diy humistat (florist foam and 50/50 pg + distilled water)

Hi grawk, thanks for your further input, also! Much obliged.

It does seem more sensible to start off with a small/'travel size' humidor. At that price though, would you be tempted to just go sod it and start with the 100 cigar variety I linked a few posts ago? Would the larger humidor be harder to operate/regulate the humidity of and/or would it not be beneficial to any cigars I store in it if they are relatively few ie the humidor is not very full? As I'm starting off, my cigar inventory is only gona be small for a while, I'd imagine, so this is a scenario I'm gona encounter (not much of humidor's capacity taken up).

The diy florist foam tip for a humidifier/humidification source, isn't that essentially what one of these- http://www.puroexpress.com/Online%20...umidifier.html- are (according to kydsid) and should be supplied in some variety with any humidor I purchase (again according to kydsid)? Or is the solution to be used with that in your diy tip for rH regulation what you were inferring importance on?

Also, forgive my ignorance, though I could make guesses, what's a cooler and it's use in humidor set-ups?

Cheers,

Steve

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #603 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How to make your own inexpensive humidor

Cool, nice one
beerchug.gif
. I've had a glance at what's required but, in all honesty, I'm that tired I can barely keep my eyes open atm! Gona hit the hay now but I'll be sure to give that a thorough read before investing in any humidor.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #604 of 1,369
Monte #4

a lot more mild than my normal smokes. Would make a good "impress the client with a Cuban" cigar if you aren't sure what they normally smoke.

Monte.jpg

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #605 of 1,369
I need to add some Montes to my collection. maybe some Edmundos when I get some cash up. Stick looks good though.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #606 of 1,369
Got my DPG Cuban Classic 1970 belicosos today, 20 sticks for $100 at cigarplace.biz, famous had them for $125.

dpg_black_dn67.jpg

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #608 of 1,369
Jason, cigars have shipped.

Smoked the DPG today, was very good. Some called it powerful but I must have a real tolerance now. Full flavored but more medium to full for me.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #610 of 1,369
Had a Montecristo #5 this evening. The cold is gone, so I was able to discern some flavors this time. Earthy, woody, and a touch of leather. There was also a little bit of ammonia, but the assumption is from lack of aging. Overall, a good, smooth, well constructed cigar.

Jul 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #611 of 1,369
Got these last night:
ESG_dn67.jpg

They run $34 a stick here in Boston, I paid less than that.
Also have at least 6 Opus coming in, one is a double robusto in a coffin.

Good to see you smoking again Zach. Today will be a good off day for me.

Jul 11, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #612 of 1,369
I hope I'm correct in naming those as Ashton ESG's? They're running about 20 bucks a stick here in Gettysburg at the good shop and about thirty at the snob shop. Enjoy Bill, excellent sticks there.

I burned three today of note. An Oliva G Perfecto, a La Flor Dominicana Ligero, and Cabiguan Torpedo. Good day off here overall.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #614 of 1,369
certainly are. I'm just glad I had some sugar in my system, it was a pretty powerful smoke.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #615 of 1,369
smoked a partegas 50 guage in may. i don't usually smoke anything, cigars occasionally for birthdays and awards, however the partegas was amazing. not heavy going for such a wide cigar and it left me high and relaxed. it went to my head. the annoying part was the tight draw. i needed to re light several times. maybe i was not drawing hard enough, or the cigar had already dried out after purchase, or was old in the humidor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back