The Official Cigar Thread
Mar 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #301 of 1,369
Excellent spending spree there darkninja.

I'm going to be picking up a bundle of Flor de Oliva Gold's today at my local B&M, as I've been cigar-less for a week now and cash is tight. A few good sticks are in the future, but I think its time for an everyday cigar purchase.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #302 of 1,369
Just got done smoking a RyJ Habana Reserve gorda. Man this is a RyJ i could love. Very well made, smooth and rich with a hint of sweetness. The aroma was incredible.

As for pick ups: I grabbed 2 Power Rangers for $35 from a local B&M. These will rest for a long time.

EDIT: Cigarbid had a box of Joya De Nicaragua Gran Consuls for $77.50 quickBuy. They go for $107 on Famous. I have one in the box but have not smoked it yet so I had to hold off on the purchase. It is probably one of the most intimidating sticks I have seen for some reason.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #304 of 1,369
If you are not doing the Cbid thing then you guys need to. I found a box of 25 RP The Edge Missile maduros for $75. CI had it for $105 a box.
icon10.gif

Beware though, there is a reason they call it the Devil Site.
normal_smile .gif

If anyone wants to do a box split let me know. I really want to get my hands on some Don Carlos' and maybe some DPG My Fathers. Also looking at Oliva Masters Blend and Ashton VSG. Cannot swing a whole box myself.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #305 of 1,369
I did Cbid for a while several years ago and managed to extract myself from there. Back when I was using though there wasn't a buy now option. But why on earth does Cbid have prices cheaper than CI? They are the same damn company. That just really pisses me off. You used to even get CI stickers and literature with your Cbid shipment.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #306 of 1,369
I've only bought one thing from Cbid so far, a Gurkha Fuerte XO, which was awesome. When I bring a few dollars more in from my school job, I'll probably hit the devil site more often.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #307 of 1,369
Smoked a Joya de Nicaraga Antano Gran Consul (poor draw but nice flavor) then a Nub Habano followed up by a Perdomo Lot 23 robusto. Pretty nice day in Boston today so I took advantage of it.

Cbid is awesome. I just saw a box of 5 Vegas Gold robustos for $37.50 on QuickBuy and they go for $55 on CI. I would start to bid on stuff but I would get carried away even more. I need to eat.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #308 of 1,369
Yea, Thanks to Cbid I have very little in my bank account. But my humidor is full and have a tupperdor for the overflow.

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #309 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhubbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, Thanks to Cbid I have very little in my bank account. But my humidor is full and have a tupperdor for the overflow.

Time to upgrade to a coolidor
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #310 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to upgrade to a coolidor
tongue_smile.gif

LOL, yea but hiding it from the Fiance is the hard part
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #311 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhubbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, yea but hiding it from the Fiance is the hard part
evil_smiley.gif

That is the best part about a coolidor. You probably already have a cooler sitting somewhere in your house. You only have to move it somewhere inside for temp control. Just need to clean and 'organize' so that it ends up in a closet somewhere.
icon10.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #312 of 1,369
With SCHIP coming I finally got bold:

DSC00765.jpg

Boxes of Sanco Panza Double maduro, Torana Exodus 1959, Perdomo Habano Corojo, and Gran Habano #5.
I also have a box of RP Edge Missile maduros coming as well as a sampler of ESG, Anejo and Opus X.

I also have some Anejo Sharks coming. Running out of room fast and hoping my new box takes 2 weeks rather than 3.

Smoked a Perdomo Habano Corojo robo today. Such a beautiful smoke IMO.

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #313 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With SCHIP coming I finally got bold:

Well, I think I officially hate you.
smily_headphones1.gif
Congrats on the buys man.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #314 of 1,369
Thanks dude.

Today I got my RP Missiles:

DSC00770.jpg

I cannot wait to get the rest of my shipments.

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #315 of 1,369
oh damn, nice . One of my new faves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back