The Official Cigar Thread
Feb 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #286 of 1,369
I saw one HeadFi member at Puff.com forums, who else from here posts there???

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #288 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be there? Puff is what became of Club Stogie right? If so I have an account over there.

I believe so as I hear Club Stogie brought up a lot.

Got a Camacho Corojo Monarca today and a R&J Habana Reserve Titan as well. I need to pick up a dossier soon since I am smoking so much new stuff.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #289 of 1,369
Found a new shop on the way to work and my wallet is screaming "Uncle"

dn67_sticks.jpg

This place has all the top end sticks: Olivas, Opus, Camacho Annivs, Cuvee, Don Carlos, Ashton ESG, Avo, Griffins, Perdomo, Partagas, etc. I picked up an Avo Domaine, Griffins Special Edition Tubo, and a Nub Habano today. Almost grabbed an Opus X #2 as well.

Feb 26, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #290 of 1,369
I'm over on puff as well, same user name. Thats why I've not been here for a little while. Wallet is crying out, "NO!"

Feb 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #291 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Griffins Special Edition Tubo

I have found this collection of cigars (each year anniversary edition) to be some of the most consistently drawn and smooth smoking cigars i have ever had. I've never had a let down with this series. Although I do find it to be a little mild for my ever expanding tastes. Somewhat similar to the Montecristo White #2.

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #292 of 1,369
This week was expensive:

DSC00762.jpg

Some Rockys, Perdomos,HdM Legend, RyJ Habana, La Gloria Serie R, Man O War, Casa Magna, Padilla, Graycliff, La Aroma de Cuba, Avo, Camacho, Oliva, 5 Vegas,Bahia and some others.

Plus I have 10 Perdomo Lot 23s, a fiver of Padilla 1932 robustos, and some Opus X robustos and Perfection X. I may grab a couple of Power Rangers at this new shop too.

Someone else needs to start posting their stashes and boxes.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #294 of 1,369
Did someone say post your collection?

Here is mine:

1st Humidor 150 count - A lot of singles, gifts, freebies and odds and ends. It's my suprise me box
smily_headphones1.gif

03022009548a.jpg

Shot with N95 at 2009-03-02

2nd Humidor - Used for open boxes/bundles

03022009549a.jpg

Coolidor - The real goodies

03022009547.jpg

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #295 of 1,369
Nice stash.
Today I am ordering my Aristocrat Mini. I cannot wait to get it and fill her up.

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #296 of 1,369
Finished my first 5-pack sampler of JAVA Maduro by Drew and loved them! They now join Padron Maduro, La Gloria Cubana Maduro, and CAO Cameroon and Maduro as my favorites. I highly recommend them especially if you are a heavy coffee drinker.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #297 of 1,369
Any comments on Sancho Panza (Double Maduros), Gran Habano or Alec Bradley (Overture)??

I am looking at getting some cheap boxes for my cabinet and these are on my list. Got some Opus X in today and will let them rest for a long time.

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #298 of 1,369
If you notice just above you'll see the sanchos. To me one of the best underated cigars out there at the moment. I am a maduro nut. Out of the three you list I would only smoke and buy the sancho. I have had the others and they weren't my taste. Of course I don't like the Opus either, well I like it but if you offered an Opus or Sancho I would take the Sancho. Not because the Opus isn't good it just is overated.

I actually just bought some of the sancho, gold label (forget what the real name is) to try out against the maduros.

That being said I stick the the small sanchos. To me their torpedos or bigger somehow don't quite make it against there smaller sizes.

Sancho's thumbs up
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #300 of 1,369
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjsbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come you have to smoke certain cigars sitting down?

It is sometimes recommended that you smoke on a full stomach and sitting down when burning full bodied sticks. The nic hit you get will make you dizzy and really relaxed. Some Olivas and La Flor Dominicanas will lay my ass out and I love a full bodied stick.

as for today: I smoked an AVO Domaine #50 perfecto. It was so good. Everything about it was just about perfect.

I also went shopping for some boxes to fill my new humidor, I grabbed a box of Perdomo Habano Corojos, Sancho Panza Double Maduros, Torano Exodus 1959s, and a box of Gran Habano #5 Corojos. I also got 4 samplers for free. I think it came out to about $300 for 100 or so sticks. So not a bad day at all.

I now need to order some Heartfelt beads and another Xikar hygrometer.

I will post pics once they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back