"The Office" appreciation thread
Oct 14, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #362 of 366
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The original british version is genious. The american version as expected is pretty damn awful when you seen the original.

i watched the British series and prefer the American version... and i usually prefer British humor.

they're both great but very different shows... arguably the British Office doesn't even qualify as a sitcom. the American version gets my vote because it just seems more dynamic: Carrell, for instance, is simultaneously sympathetic and creepy, while Gervais, though brilliant, was pretty much just creepy. the American Office also has the benefit of an open-ended run, which allows for more development of all the characters.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #363 of 366
I love both versions really. Ricky Gervais is comedic genius and so is Steve Carell.

I thought the wedding episode was great! Dwight wearing the 3 wolf moon shirt cracked me up!!!! I gotta get that shirt. lmao
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #364 of 366
I think season 3 of The Office (US) is better than the BBC series including the Christmas specials. The Americans had a great template to work off of so this is not a slight to the original series. I just thought season 3 of the US version was fantastic television. Every episode was consistently funny and well-written. It will never reach those heights again, but that's fine. It's still entertaining and I like the characters.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #365 of 366
the wedding episode reminded me of why i love the office. last season was pretty terrible and i was considering not watching anymore, but after last week i am back on the wagon. so many classic moments, fantastic writing and acting, and i even got emotional when pam and jim tied the knot.

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #366 of 366
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the wedding episode reminded me of why i love the office. last season was pretty terrible and i was considering not watching anymore, but after last week i am back on the wagon. so many classic moments, fantastic writing and acting, and i even got emotional when pam and jim tied the knot.

so far, this whole season has been an improvement over last season, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back