The NL/BE/DE Members' Lounge
Jan 3, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #32 of 46
Happy new year!!! 
beerchug.gif

Looks like you had some really nice champagne Cheese :wink:.

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:
Why would you think that?
Never heard of headohones? 'Ohone' is an expression of sorrow. So 'headohones' would mean 'A sorrow inducing object put on the head'.

I have one of those... I got it for free at the hospital... 

May 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #40 of 46
Good question! I'd love to have another listen to some of the stuff available. I have some new gear myself and I'm really starting to love my current gear. Now only if someone'd bring the Grado rs2i, rs1i, ps 500 and ps1000 I'd be able to plan my new purchase. :)

May 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #42 of 46
Does anyone of you know the Dutch translation of "planar magnetic"?
I tried Google search and other options, but can't find it.
Thanks.

May 11, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #43 of 46
Does anyone of you know the Dutch translation of "planar magnetic"?
I tried Google search and other options, but can't find it.
Thanks.

In the case of a planar magnetic driver, we are speaking of a magnetic field that is isodynamic -- of same magnitude along the entire area with which we are concerned.

As far as I know there is no Dutch term for this, but we can just as well invent a descriptive term. Perhaps 'isodynamisch vlak' would a good candidate, since it's both descriptive and accurate. A planar magnetic driver would then be 'een luidspreker met een isodynamisch vlak' -- or shorter: 'een isodynamische luidspreker'. The latter is not technically correct, but people around here don't seem to care about technically correct terms in the first place.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #44 of 46
Sorry for bumping this old thread, just wanted to let you guys know here's going to be another meet!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/710446/dutch-headphone-meet-2014-germans-belgians-welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back