The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Sep 9, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #3,724 of 5,895
Naw, it was cropped a little, and it's still silly wide. Here's an uncropped one at 12mm for ya!

dsc1143.jpg

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #3,727 of 5,895
It looks like that little t-shirt man has been invaded by a pack of lummoxes. I doubt if he has their size.

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #3,728 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like distortion is much more apparent on FX camera. I wonder if the 14-24mm Nikon is much better distortion wise (when used with an FF cam)

Worse, actually (though a lot better in vignetting). The 12-24 Sigma is well known for having the lowest distortion of UWA zooms. Check out slrgear.com, they have reviews of both lenses on FF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like that little t-shirt man has been invaded by a pack of lummoxes. I doubt if he has their size.

Haha, yeah, it is kinda funny in that regard. Though not all of the size discrepancy is perspective distortion, he wasn't exactly the biggest dude around to begin with
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #3,729 of 5,895
I just got back a couple of Velvia 100 rolls from NCPS, and they turned out quite well. The scans are brilliantly dynamic and the raw slides even more so. Here are some examples:

51120003.jpg

51120018.jpg

51120020.jpg

51120026.jpg

I used a Nikon FM and either a 35mm or 85mm lens for these shots.

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #3,733 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I recently got a Fuji S5. Is it better to shoot in 6MP or 12?

And what programs should I use to edit/workflow tips?

Congratulations, it won't disappoint you unless you shoot burst.
I would go for 12MP if I were you. But I can't remember the reason why.

For workflow, not sure because I don't batch edit my pictures.

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #3,734 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraflame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I recently got a Fuji S5. Is it better to shoot in 6MP or 12?

And what programs should I use to edit/workflow tips?

Very nice, I've been shooting with mine for a little over a year now. Excellent out of camera JPGs.

From what I understand, if you shoot JPEG then 12MP is the way to go, "the 12mp image is slightly better at rendering detail than you'd expect from taking a 6mp image and using traditional interpolation routines." (-http://bythom.com/s5review.htm)

I shoot RAW just in case I need to perform some WB/exposure tweaks, I use Aperture and edit in CS3. I used to use Adobe Camera Raw which I think allowed a bit more range in terms of exposure. If you set DR at 400% the RAW files are around 20-30MB, so make sure you have some storage space
icon10.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #3,735 of 5,895
I must confess the latest HD footage from prepro Canon 7D has me contemplating defecting.

But then I remember how much I dislike the ergonomics of Canon DSLR's, and the fact that I rarely carry any DSLR everywhere I go. Likely my future digicam funds will go towards a Panasonic GF1 since I'll most likely carry it everywhere I go. The best camera in the world is useless if you don't have it with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back