The niche electronic music thread - synthpop / EBM / dark-electro / gothic / rythmic-noise / experimental / chiptune / etc.
Nov 29, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #91 of 143

Gridlock -  Song23

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #93 of 143
I think my soul just melted away with the creation of this thread. Brought tears to my eyes.

I've been looking for something new for a while now , and I stumble onto this thread. Yay.

Thank you.

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #97 of 143
Here's some "Witch House" for you guys;

This video creeps me out but there's something about it that I love;

Enjoy

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #98 of 143
Great, a thread for me. Subscribing to this one. Kiteki, you're swedish, right? Is there any chance we might've met at TechNoir or Soma or Tinitus or something?

I listen to almost everything this thread is about, except for all kinds of noise. Although I did once listen to it. Can't really stand it anymore. Anyhow, nowadays I'm mostly into the sounds of the 80's. All kinds of 80s electronic pop/synthpop/synth/electronic music/etc. and some modern, i.e. Valerie & co, Legowelt, etc. which reminds me of the 80s sounds. Can't enough of that specific synth sound, LOL.

Listen to it mostly through laptop > E10 > M50/D2000, and some through my J3 through the same headphones. Put me up in that OP of yours Kiteki. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #100 of 143
Oh yeah? That's great. I loved going to TechNoir back in the early 2000's. Memory is a bit hazy from back then. :wink: Australia/south-east Asia sounds pretty fantastic to me, I suppose you don't miss the swedish december weather! Well, I can let you know that south of stockholm had it's first snow yesterday, so at the same time as it was beautiful, I froze my ass and cables off of my IEMs while taking a smoke.

How do you like our swedish pride Kite when speaking of music of this kind of music?

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #101 of 143
The organic and artifice and just plain vastness of Geomatic's "Sacrifice" off '64 Light Years Away"

Maybe a little to mainstream for this thread but Point 7's "Hacker IP"  (a little IDM never hurts)

Finally Demdike Stare's "Hashshashin Chant"

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #102 of 143
For those who enjoy '80s synth-pop style, check out the soundtrack to the film Drive.

The main score is composed by Cliff Martinez, who wrote the soundtrack for Solaris. The style is electronica with nods towards Michael Brook's - Cobalt Blue and Harold Budd's Lovely Thunder in places. 

The five other tracks are by

01. Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx - Nightcall 
02. Desire - Under Your Spell 
03. College - A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) 
04. Riz Ortolani - Oh My Love (feat. Katyna Ranieri) 
05. The Chromatics - Tick of the Clock 

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #103 of 143

Quote:
For those who enjoy '80s synth-pop style, check out the soundtrack to the film Drive.

The main score is composed by Cliff Martinez, who wrote the soundtrack for Solaris. The style is electronica with nods towards Michael Brook's - Cobalt Blue and Harold Budd's Lovely Thunder in places. 

The five other tracks are by

01. Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx - Nightcall 
02. Desire - Under Your Spell 
03. College - A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) 
04. Riz Ortolani - Oh My Love (feat. Katyna Ranieri) 
05. The Chromatics - Tick of the Clock 

Agreed, such a great soundtrack that movie has. I liked the movie as well, but the soundtrack is really something extra. College is a part of Valerie that I mentioned earlier. They have actually quite a few free mixtapes on their webpage.

http://www.valeriecollective.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back