The niche electronic music thread - synthpop / EBM / dark-electro / gothic / rythmic-noise / experimental / chiptune / etc.
Aug 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #62 of 143

Quote:
At the moment I'm listening to Ben Frost. This track is from the album By The Throat.

So I listened to the track and immediately purchased and downloaded the album. I love this album so much. The presence of the French Horn wasn't something I was expecting (I used to play french horn, and I enjoy it a lot). 

Thanks a lot, I'll be checking out the other links too.

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #64 of 143
Pan sonic hasn't been mentioned yet, so here it goes

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564556/the-niche-electronic-music-thread-synthpop-ebm-dark-electro-gothic-rythmic-noise-experimental-chiptune-etc/15#post_7678041 :'(

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #65 of 143

Quote:
So I listened to the track and immediately purchased and downloaded the album. I love this album so much. The presence of the French Horn wasn't something I was expecting (I used to play french horn, and I enjoy it a lot). 

Thanks a lot, I'll be checking out the other links too.

beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #68 of 143
Time for a little Ant-Zen flavored rhythmic noise.  Gwarlek's userpic is a great reminder :)

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #73 of 143

Quote:
Not really, I've never thought about it, it just makes me feel good.

But I remember playing some VNV Nation once on a stereo when I was doing army service, and then one guy is like "turn off that ****, it's so depressing!" I'm like.. "huh?"

rofl, I can't help wondering how someone like that would react to a band like Hocico or Suicide Commando.  I'm not much of a VNV fan, but they always struck me as going for more of an uplifting, epic sound.  Describing them as depressing is like describing Covenant as angry.

Aug 22, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #74 of 143
I certainly find VNV uplifting, I haven't paid much attention in the last 7 years, but they make some good remixes.

Hocico are cool, I remember a long time ago they played at a local nightclub and I ignored it because I thought it was some crap band from Mexico Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back