The Next Radiohead Album is coming out - for FREE?
Oct 2, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radiohead seems to command such a wide-ranging audience that even fans can't agree on what it is that makes them good. I mean no disrespect, but how some people pick and choose from the Radiohead / Yorke discography is baffling to me.

I mean no disrespect, but it seems like you contradicted yourself. You said Radiohead has a wide ranging audience (due in no small part to their versatility), yet you are baffled why people 'pick and choose'?

This band has hit on more unique cylinders than I can count so it should be little wonder why some fans have their favorties- even if it means they completely dislike some of it- it doesn't make them less of a fan does it? FWIW, I have yet to hate any Radiohead/Yorke effort, but I think some are better than others.

I respect Radiohead's effort to be progressive and reach out to other fans and try something different for art's sake. That's why I love them so. I'm just not going to suck at the barcode teet of everything they do to so that I may proclaim "ultimate fan" status and I would never snub those that 'pick and choose'. Actually, I'm happy Radiohead offers such a wide, and wonderful range of musical expression so that thier fans can pick and choose. I bet every member of that band can look back on previous efforts and completely loathe what they (themselves) wrote.

My taste leans towards the throw down, axe slinging Radiohead days like on Bends, OK, and Hail so it's easy to see why Eraser left me wanting something more....

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #17 of 25
I ordered the discbox. I'm a sucker for rare bonus discs and I was going to buy the vinyl anyways. Plus, I want to support their willingness to release their album in a digital format.

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 25
Think about it this way. By releasing MP3s of the first disc now, Radiohead are effectively controlling when the album leaks. If they had chosen the typical route of manufacturing the CDs, someone in the manufacturing plant would have leaked the CD. This new route makes Radiohead look good to people who wouldn't pay full price for the album anyway, and the collectors/fans can rest easy, knowing that they'll get everything in one fell swoop.

I think it's a great idea. Add together the costs of everything in the Discbox and you'll hit $80 without a problem.
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #20 of 25
Cool, when you buy it, they say "we value your custom." How British!

Custom:
  1. Patronage, as in I'll take my custom (i.e. "business") elsewhere!

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It said they would be 'High Quality MP3 Files'. 160kbps CBR is high quality? False advertising I say!

I think the sound quality is surprisingly good.

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #25 of 25
strangely enough i think about half the tracks are very "Oasis"-like, kinda brit-pop, which is unusual for Radiohead. what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back