The Next Florida Meet: Tampa, Nov 15th
Nov 14, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #421 of 440
what you mean you not able to make the meet, you slacker!!

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #422 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly I will not be able to make it but I will drink a 750 ml of Bourbon in honor of the meet.
If you are in town you should try and make the dinner this is normally the highlight of the meet for me, breaking bread, having a few cocktails, sharing laughs and wandering the streets of Tampa with some of the most amazing people on Headfi.

Sad news, indeed, but times are tough. John, we will melt and run down the sidewalks of Ybor without the glue to hold us together. Please send good thoughts our way, so the merry band can make it through the weekend unscathed.

Oh ... and don't you dare turn off your phone ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #423 of 440
Heading out to the airport now, although tragically without my travel companion JP. I vow to have twice as much fun to make up for the loss, but the glue will be missed along with The Monkey, the Penguin, the Polar Bear, the Nugget, and many others (not stevieo). See you soon:

[size=xx-large]
Team Florida [Extended] Unite![/size]

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #424 of 440
well, on the road....see you guys in a few hours.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #425 of 440
Well, guys. Life sometimes doesn't work out how you would like. I've worked way too many hours this week and am working this morning as well. I'm still coming, and cj's riding with me as well, but I'm leaving later than I wanted to and bringing no gear except headphones (sorry, no time to pack at all).

Gear list:

ESW9s & 10s and R10s. That's it.

Hoping to be on the road by 1/1:30ish.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #427 of 440
im here...gene you here?...im outside the hotel waiting for matt

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #428 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly I will not be able to make it but I will drink a 750 ml of Bourbon in honor of the meet.
If you are in town you should try and make the dinner this is normally the highlight of the meet for me, breaking bread, having a few cocktails, sharing laughs and wandering the streets of Tampa with some of the most amazing people on Headfi.

ahh, oh well, the melos continues to live on my workbench at work longer i guess lol

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #429 of 440
Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City where the meet is
TampaHFMeet11-08-1.jpg

HighLife unpacking Tyrion's gear. I think Mike is yelling over the phone to not drop anything.
TampaHFMeet11-08-2.jpg

Matt the Younger aka NightWoundsTime doing QC
TampaHFMeet11-08-3.jpg

Others will be arriving shortly, and big doings planned for tonight. No more posts here from me ... will await the official impressions thread to be started later.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #430 of 440
Rock on party people! Just don't party too hard before I get there! In Dallas still, but leaving in an hour or so. I can probably get a couple more drinks in me before I leave...
popcorn.gif
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #431 of 440
I hate to say I can't make it, but it is for a good reason. We are moving into our new facility this week!!!!!

I still want to have you guys raffle off a free set of customs.

Have fun and drink one for me.

Jason

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #433 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, guys. Life sometimes doesn't work out how you would like. I've worked way too many hours this week and am working this morning as well. I'm still coming, and cj's riding with me as well, but I'm leaving later than I wanted to and bringing no gear except headphones (sorry, no time to pack at all).

Gear list:

ESW9s & 10s and R10s. That's it.

Hoping to be on the road by 1/1:30ish.

I look forward to trying the ESW9 and the 10's. Maybe you can sell me one.
smile.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #434 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, Miguel, definitely permitted, and by many veterans of FL meets, even encouraged as a training measure. Do you arrive tomorrow?

Consider yourself ridiculed, you silly little math genius.
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

No, I had to work today (Friday). See you all around noon tomorrow.

If anyone can loan me (just for the meet) a female line out for my iPod it would be greatly appreciated.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back