The New Upcoming U-Turn Audio "Orbit" vinyl player
Nov 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gopanthersgo1

Headphoneus Supremus
I remember reading about his upcoming Vinyl player on Stereophile, and have been anticipating the arrival of this new product for a few months now. The people who are making it are a new start up company named (U-Turn Audio). I have emailed them about this upcoming vinyl player a few times, and have finally gotten a reply. I asked them when it was going to come out. Their reply

"Hello,

The Orbit will be introduced through a kickstarter campaign at the end of this month. The campaign is essentially a way of fundraising through pre-sales, but please visit kickstarter.com to get a full explanation of how projects work. Unfortunately we do not expect do deliver until February or March 2013, but you could still make a pledge to the campaign and give a record or two on the Holiday as the first part of the gift.

Best,

Peter Maltzan

U-Turn Audio"

I have also emailed them after their reply about the cost for the Orbit, but they have not responded yet (But on Stereophile they said the Orbit would cost $150). I mainly posted this thread so people know about the Orbit, so it can be successfully kickstarted (On Kickstarter). Has anyone else been interested in this? If so, can you post their responses to your questions if you've asked them any?

EDIT: Turns out U-Turn Audio got a $2,500 Prototype Fund found here.

Hope this project makes it,
Mark K.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 6
I would be interested in the specs of the motor and bearing. Good low noise ones cost a lot of money. The price of U$150 looks good on paper, but it's the signal output at the RCA plugs that would be the killer issue.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 6
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #5 of 6
me too, seems like a great entrance way into vinyl!
biggrin.gif

First, the launch several months ago was successful and the reviews on the unit are awesome. So much so it has made a few name brands nervous and now THEY are introducing $199 tables (which is base price for the Orbit). The original $150 was the investor, kickstarter price.

Personally, the $279 version with acrylic platter and better cart is pretty sweet.

Go here for the models
http://uturnaudio.com/store/

Oh...and look who wants to jump on the bandwagon...UGLY
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/pro-jects-199-crosley-killer

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 6
This u-turn looks great and with a new cartridge ,I wonder if it is worth getting than the audio technica at lp120? I am not a DJ. I listen to rock, metal,classic rock and sometimes old school rap. I am wondering if it's wort the looks vs. the technology sometimes or if the technology is even needed for just listening?

I wanted to know if anyone has any opinions? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back