The NEW UE Superfi 4vi for the iPod and iPhone
Feb 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #31 of 31
Well, I got the supers (4vi), and with the right fit, I find the sound pretty well balanced - especially for a product in this price range. After trying all the earpieces, I find these particularly sensitive to the fitting process. With these, the best sound (and coincidentally, comfort) is with the double flange. I can't stand the fit of the doubles on my metros! Blows the Vibes out of the water! I can't comment on any comparisons to higher end UEs, but I can only imagine the statements made are accurate - again these are being compared to much more expensive units.

Specifically, as compared to Vibes and the comparable Shure, with the right fit, music is much more dimensional and cleaner. The rolloff is far less noticeable, and the bass end is better defined. This comparison also applies to the metros (which I find superior to the lower end Shure and similar to the Vibes).

I'm still hoping for a triple based iPhone compatible soon. From everything I've read, that is a benchmark for sound under $500. I gotta stop buying these things - its getting expensive!

C'mon UE - give us an iPhone triple!

Meanwhile, I'll be really happy with these until then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back