The NEW UE Superfi 4vi for the iPod and iPhone
Nov 30, 2007 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Flavio T

Member of the Trade: EarphoneSolutions.com
[size=small][size=medium]Earphone Solutions[/size] will receive their first shipment of the

[size=medium]NEW Ultimate Ears Superfi 4vi for the iPod and iPhone[/size].

The new earphones have a built-in microphone (on the cable -- not shown on this picture) and a tiny button that allows the user to take calls.

The UE Superfi 4 vi is compatible with both the iPod and the iPhone so you can use them as a regular earphones for music only, either with an iPod or iPhone, and you may also use them to take calls without removing the earphones.

They have balanced armature drivers (single) and a new size for UE. They are very small and deliver very good details on the mids and highs. They are much smaller than the Ultimate Ears 3 STUDIO and 5 PRO.

We are accepting orders now. Pre-orders will ship by December 4 -- in plenty of time for Xmas
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 31
Why is the mic so big? Any plans for an all black version?

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 31
I am looking at the one we got here and the mic is actually pretty small. Perhaps because of the angle or because of the close-up shot.

As far as we know, no plans for a black one. Thanks!

Dec 2, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 31
I own the Vibe Duo's, the mic often sticks to the collar of my jacket while cycling, even though it's smaller in diagonal size and has less sharp edges than the UE4. That's why I'm a little worried. That being said, I'm not a fanboy of the Vibes, they're too bassy and lack some mids.

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 31
is there a sonic comparison within the UE line? Being single driver, is it safe to categorize these as a Super.Fi 3 with a mic, and an iphone compatible plug?

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiseGUI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there a sonic comparison within the UE line? Being single driver, is it safe to categorize these as a Super.Fi 3 with a mic, and an iphone compatible plug?

Other then a little smaller, the specs match, and even the description sounds like its so.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 31
I thought the sound had considerably more detail on mids and highs than the 3 STUDIO. This IS a balanced armature driver. It didn't have as much bass as the 3 STUDIO but it could be because I didn't try the smaller sleeves. Size wise it's much smaller than the 3 Studio. You can also wear it either way: cables straight down or up and wrapped around the back of the ear.

Dec 8, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lousyreeds1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if Shure plans to release something iPhone compatible beyond their add-on dongle? Would be great to have some competition here.

Probably wrong thread to ask. Don't expect a Shure rep to pop in with an answer.

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small][size=medium]Earphone Solutions[/size] will receive their first shipment of the

[size=medium]NEW Ultimate Ears Superfi 4vi for the iPod and iPhone[/size].

The new earphones have a built-in microphone (on the cable -- not shown on this picture) and a tiny button that allows the user to take calls.

The UE Superfi 4 vi is compatible with both the iPod and the iPhone so you can use them as a regular earphones for music only, either with an iPod or iPhone, and you may also use them to take calls without removing the earphones.

They have balanced armature drivers (single) and a new size for UE. They are very small and deliver very good details on the mids and highs. They are much smaller than the Ultimate Ears 3 STUDIO and 5 PRO.

We are accepting orders now. Pre-orders will ship by December 4 -- in plenty of time for Xmas
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Does it work with other cell phones/ MP3 players? Like would I be able to answer and make calls with other cell phones as if I was wearing the stock buds/mic.

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #13 of 31
I'd expect so if your stock earbud uses a miniplug. Most cellphones have a proprietary jack though.

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiseGUI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd expect so if your stock earbud uses a miniplug. Most cellphones have a proprietary jack though.

Yes but many have adapters. I was just wondering since it says made for iPhone or iPod. Sorta seems as if its saying no other phones.

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #15 of 31
iphone is special because it has a recessed plug. Otherwise, it is a standard minijack.

Do the adapters work for talking as well? My impression was they were only for listening to audio...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back