the NEW! Musical Fidelity M1 DAC-A vs. V-DAC MK-II, my impressions.
Nov 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
So some of you may know that I bought BOTH the V-DAC MK-II and the M1 DAC-A.  Both of these DACs are brand NEW with asynchronous US?B input.  Both up-samlples to 24/192k on all inputs.  The V-DAC MK-II is $349 & the M1 DAC-A is $749.  So is the M1 DAC-A worth that much more $$$?

I ran both in the same in for a few days.  After some serious listening I've concluded that the M1 DAC is FAR better all-around.  The vocals are so smooth and sweet.  The bass is tight and controlled.  Soundstage is wider & imaging is better too.  It sound incredible for the money.  The word to express how is sounds is MUSICAL.  I'm not even using the upgraded USB input yet.  

Check out the two in my videos.

M1 DAC-A

V-DAC MK-II

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 10
The M1 is more musical. You are more involved with the music and want to tap your feet. 

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 10
The $349 V-DAC MK-II out performs my $999 Marantz SA8004 SACD/CD/DAC combo player.  Those musical fidelity DACs are pretty good for the money. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Anybody has tried the M1 vs something like the Benchmark DAC 1? Can the M1 hold up pretty closely?
I am not a big fan of heavy bass. 

I doubt it will match 3x the price costing products, but may be good on its own. 

I am looking for a good DAC myself too and M1-A loks interesting, but somehow I do not trust MF.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #8 of 10
I wasn't a fan of MF at the beginning because their stuff are made in Taiwan, but after trying the X-Can v8 I was sold.  Very good value and well built gear.  I ordered the M1 HPA was well and I think the DAC and HPA combo will be very good.

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 10
thinking about picking up the Musical Fidelity V-DAC II.

anybody have any other recommends in the same price range?

thanks!

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #10 of 10
I powered my vdac mk2 using the high end dc power supply( 3 decimal place accuracy & very low level of noise7 distortion ).
the only problem with this dac is the stock power supply
if you find a suitable one , it can create music that touches your soul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back