The new Micromega Myzic headphone amp
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Greeni

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard this yet ?

myzic_presentation_uk.jpg

http://www.micromega-hifi.com/index.php/en/products/my-range/myzic

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I have. I like it quite a bit with my hifiman he-400 headphones (using a rega brio r integrated). . I've also used the Asgard 2. For standard inputs (digital sources) I'd say they are pretty close. For vinyl listening (with a phono input being used for source), the myzic is a bit quieter. Lots of air. I also like the ergonomics of having on/off controlled by inserting the headphone into the jack. Feels solid, even though the case is plastic. Runs warm. but not hot. I like it a lot. Of course, I won't know about durability until I've run it for a couple of years, and I can't speak about how well it drives harder to drive headphones, but it is not straining at all with the hifiman's. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 5
I have a review loaner unit of this amp currently in-house. There were a variety of things about it that caught my curiosity - the size/form factor, the specs (minimal as though they are on Micromega's site), and the fact it's made by a French company (haven't heard a French amp before).

I don't want to give anything away yet (especially since it's too early to say anything conclusive) but I'll be posting a review of it later on, compared to the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back