The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,548 of 4,956
Just called them.  They just tested the VSD3, and recommend the 200 size for them.  I'm not sure if the 3s has the same dimensions but I'm assuming the 200 is a safe bet.  

Here's the link they refered me to:  http://www.complyfoam.com/vsd3

They just haven't updated their charts yet it seems.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #4,549 of 4,956
  Just called them.  They just tested the VSD3, and recommend the 200 size for them.  I'm not sure if the 3s has the same dimensions but I'm assuming the 200 is a safe bet.  

Here's the link they refered me to:  http://www.complyfoam.com/vsd3

They just haven't updated their charts yet it seems.

I believe the VSD3 and VSD3S use the exact same shell, it's just a difference in driver tuning. So if they say the 200 works on the VSD3, it should be the same on the VSD3S.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #4,552 of 4,956
I got them today and they're amazing! 
etysmile.gif

Running off my E12K and SGS6. For reference for anyone who has the same, I took the FiiO to full volume and the S6 to 4 notches into the red. I know I know, but only for short bursts. :p
No shortage of volume on these IEMs, that's for sure.

Songs I tested were all from youtube but high enough quality. All with substantial amounts of deep bass, mid bass, sub bass and lots of detail to be suitably picked out from the mids and treble.

Massive Attack - 'Mezzanine'. 
Snarky Puppy - 'Lingus' and 'Shofukan'. 
D'Angelo - 'Playa Playa', 'The Root' and Chicken Grease' from his Voodoo album.

The mids are so good, eye blinking snare drum hits that my other earbuds simply weren't projecting when at the same volume. Excellent bass and a ton of detail throughout. Lovely treble, just the right amount. I compared to my Sony MDR EX71s and while they still sound good and have a bit more sparkly, I much prefer the fullness of sound from these Vsonics. 

Here's the really good thing. I tried all the various earbud tips, including my own shure see through ones and some large white ones that I happened to have. They all sounded good but a tad thin. But the the large white ones make a big difference with bass, I mean HUGE. They almost made me feel like I'd switched to full size headphones. The whole sound suddenly became massive, very full and rounded. The largest black ones that come with the VSD3S are very close to that sound but the white ones win. For my ears, it seems I need wide tips to extract more bass. I'm going to buy the see through Shure ones in the same width as the white ones, and they'll also be deeper and a harder material which should give the same amount of bass but tighten it up.
Various pics.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #4,553 of 4,956
I was browsing LMUE's website last night, decided it was high time I got the VSD3, and pulled the trigger on them on a whim. 
biggrin.gif
 They should be here in the next few days. Hope they're as good as the reviews paint them out to be!

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #4,554 of 4,956
I was browsing LMUE's website last night, decided it was high time I got the VSD3, and pulled the trigger on them on a whim. :D  They should be here in the next few days. Hope they're as good as the reviews paint them out to be!

they arent, had those, about 20 euro worth sound

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #4,555 of 4,956
Quote:
  I was browsing LMUE's website last night, decided it was high time I got the VSD3, and pulled the trigger on them on a whim. 
biggrin.gif
 They should be here in the next few days. Hope they're as good as the reviews paint them out to be!

One thing that's true is to never expect too much. Overestimate an IEM's potential and you'll be disappointed every single time. But I'm sure you already knew that
biggrin.gif

YMMV is a phrase that definitely applied to your listening experience. I'm not saying what you heard is wrong, I'm just saying we didn't hear the same things and I'll be damned if that doesn't happen every single day
wink.gif
. I didn't have a VSD3, I had a VSD3S, but I thought it was worth the cost in sound quality. Not so much in the build department though, but the sound was good for what it cost. I will concede that there are definitely some really good IEMs in the 20 euro range that can match this sound quality. It easily bested the GR06 though, which I consider this to be a replacement for, at a lower cost. @Malevolent could very well enjoy these as I did or not so much as in your case. Though whichever it may happen to be, I sure hope he has better luck with the build quality than I did. Mine only lasted 2 days before problems kicked in
frown.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #4,556 of 4,956
Quote:
One thing that's true is to never expect too much. Overestimate an IEM's potential and you'll be disappointed every single time. But I'm sure you already knew that :D

YMMV is a phrase that definitely applied to your listening experience. I'm not saying what you heard is wrong, I'm just saying we didn't hear the same things and I'll be damned if that doesn't happen every single day :wink: . I didn't have a VSD3, I had a VSD3S, but I thought it was worth the cost in sound quality. Not so much in the build department though, but the sound was good for what it cost. I will concede that there are definitely some really good IEMs in the 20 euro range that can match this sound quality. It easily bested the GR06 though, which I consider this to be a replacement for, at a lower cost. @Malevolent
could very well enjoy these as I did or not so much as in your case. Though whichever it may happen to be, I sure hope he has better luck with the build quality than I did. Mine only lasted 2 days before problems kicked in :frowning2:

mine lasted two weeks. 20 euro in production, plus 20 is their profit margin and 10 euro taxes and postage.
its ok earphones, good sound for a cheap earphones, the best part was the nice bass, has nice bass.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #4,557 of 4,956
mine lasted two weeks. 20 euro in production, plus 20 is their profit margin and 10 euro taxes and postage.
its ok earphones, good sound for a cheap earphones, the best part was the nice bass, has nice bass.

Yeah, the build was a letdown, especially after my experience with the GR06 which was sturdy and had those nifty swiveling nozzles. Bass response was good in quality and quantity for something less than $50 US. I found it had a sound signature that wasn't too fatiguing. Would have thought more about keeping them had there not been build issues. Otherwise, the only thing turning me off to them was that the shells felt just a tiny bit too big for my small ears.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #4,558 of 4,956
Yeah, the build was a letdown, especially after my experience with the GR06 which was sturdy and had those nifty swiveling nozzles. Bass response was good in quality and quantity for something less than $50 US. I found it had a sound signature that wasn't too fatiguing. Would have thought more about keeping them had there not been build issues. Otherwise, the only turning me off to them was that the shells felt just a tiny bit too big for my small ears.

pretty much, i now have xb90 with bass amp has good bass, also not that fatiguing.

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #4,559 of 4,956

Well, for the price I paid (~$37), I'm not expecting a lot. If they perform admirably within that price bracket, I'll be a happy man. I'm looking at the VSD3 as a contemporary to my Carbo Tenore/Basso.

One thing that's true is to never expect too much. Overestimate an IEM's potential and you'll be disappointed every single time. But I'm sure you already knew that
biggrin.gif

True. I've had my fair share of disappointments. Countless auditions were ended with a "Meh, is that it?!". 
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #4,560 of 4,956
Well, for the price I paid (~$37), I'm not expecting a lot. If they perform admirably within that price bracket, I'll be a happy man. I'm looking at the VSD3 as a contemporary to my Carbo Tenore/Basso.

True. I've had my fair share of disappointments. Countless auditions were ended with a "Meh, is that it?!". :wink:  

i had both tenore and vsd3s. i had tenore when i had amperior headphones and tenore were disapointment, i thought amperior sounded better. i would categorise tenore along with vsd3s in sound quality. cause i thought tenore would be better than amperiors but they are budget and perform like that. but if i were to mash all earphones i would pick mids vocals of tenore and bbbase of vsd3s, that would be nice sound. vsd3s is good but i got spoiled by good audio from amperiors, vsd3s is more of a fun sound mostly fun bass, tenore are fun mids vocals. they arent neutral or detailed much. but i like both detailed and nice coloured sound. the best part is bass on vsd3s i love the bass of vsd3s, everything else is descent but overall they definitelly sound like 37 euro iems, i was very happy with them sometimes. but ive moved on to fidue a73 and xb90 bass earphones its great, sometimes i have nightmares with its bass overdose, so i dont eq them for bass just from bass amp bass on and i think would be enough, i think its good they dont overdo on bass. im sure you will enjoy them at least for a while and you can sell them if they dont break, and if they break if you bought from lendmeurears they are fantastic at customer support. they sell many other earphones. ye 37 usd they worth indeed its like 30 euro for sure, they are almost as good as beats solo 2 i would still prefer solo 2 i think its a bit better more easy sound. vsd3s is a bit more agressive than solo 2 but they are almost identical i think. so in that regard they are amazing quality for money. but i think solo 2 are a bit better, but its surprisingly close for 30 euro. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back