The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
May 31, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #4,441 of 4,956
Hey guys, my cable seem to be dead. The right side is much weaker than the left side, and when I change sides (meaning connecting the left earphone to the right side of the cable) then the left side sounds really weak. Where can I find good and not too expensive replacement cable?

May 31, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #4,442 of 4,956
  Hey guys, my cable seem to be dead. The right side is much weaker than the left side, and when I change sides (meaning connecting the left earphone to the right side of the cable) then the left side sounds really weak. Where can I find good and not too expensive replacement cable?

Well, you should be covered under warranty,Aren't you?....

May 31, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #4,443 of 4,956

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/4395#post_11627401

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #4,444 of 4,956
My VSD3s are about to give up the ghost. Whichever channel voices are almost dead. Instrumentals are fine, but if I listen to music with vocals, it sounds tinny, almost as if people are underwater and super quiet.

They were working without a problem yesterday. Half-way through a song today they decided to blow out. It's been a year since I got them, so I will probably end up ordering another pair.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #4,445 of 4,956
  My VSD3s are about to give up the ghost. Whichever channel voices are almost dead. Instrumentals are fine, but if I listen to music with vocals, it sounds tinny, almost as if people are underwater and super quiet.

They were working without a problem yesterday. Half-way through a song today they decided to blow out. It's been a year since I got them, so I will probably end up ordering another pair.

At least it lasted longer than it would have for me. I don't think it would have gone a year with me, the jack just wouldn't hold up well in jeans. I do like how it sounds though, but the shells are a tad too large for my small ears. Sound quality bang for buck in this IEM is great, but I just wish the build quality were up to the same standard.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #4,446 of 4,956

At least it lasted longer than it would have for me. I don't think it would have gone a year with me, the jack just wouldn't hold up well in jeans. I do like how it sounds though, but the shells are a tad too large for my small ears. Sound quality bang for buck in this IEM is great, but I just wish the build quality were up to the same standard.

I was surprised mine lasted so long as I always have them in my jeans. When I first got them, I was expecting it to start tearing like Apple headphones do within a matter of months.

The only annoying thing is that I'm towards the tail end of a holiday in Japan at the moment, so I don't really want to buy any new IEMs while I'm here as I'd rather get something with more bang per buck, although I may buy a budget pair.

One interesting thing that has come from this, though, is that I can hear a lot more of the more of the background sounds from my music and that's now at the forefront.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #4,447 of 4,956

You are close to the exit of warranty period (not over) so you shd be good in claiming a replacement pair...you cld just RMA from JP and send it over when you return home....

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #4,448 of 4,956
Looks like my VSD3S are to be delivered tomorrow.  I'm really hoping my concerns about build quality don't become a self fulfilling prophesy :frowning2:  STILL don't understand why Vsonic continues to crank out non-stress relieved cables.  You'd think they would have learned from doing the update to their VSD1 model with the "snake skin" cable.  Oh well...  the sound ought to distract me, right?  LOL

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #4,449 of 4,956
  Looks like my VSD3S are to be delivered tomorrow.  I'm really hoping my concerns about build quality don't become a self fulfilling prophesy :frowning2:  STILL don't understand why Vsonic continues to crank out non-stress relieved cables.  You'd think they would have learned from doing the update to their VSD1 model with the "snake skin" cable.  Oh well...  the sound ought to distract me, right?  LOL

It'll distract you until the lack of strain relief starts making it cut out. But then you just get another pair as the solution haha.

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #4,450 of 4,956
wasup how long do you burn them in? theyve been playing over night at half volume. manufacturers dont burn in earphones cause technology sucks. so you need to let them play yourself. out of the box just regular audio. i got non detachable version cause its cheaper and i wasnt going to get another cable with remote and mic for example that would be 20 euro extra. so didnt want it. and might be selling them if i dont like them. so far nothing special. lack of strain relieve i also dont care about that, the canle itself seems to be thick and strain releives itself. so im just relying on burn in to improve audio, so far they are nothing special, just regular sound.

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #4,451 of 4,956
Yeah, that jack is a menace. Zero strain relief does not make me a happy person especially on a straight jack. In my opinion, they used to be terminated in a much nicer right angle jack on the old GR06 and GR07. My GR06 is still going strong for me 3 years later. Now they seem to have just gone for shininess and called it a day.

make your own strain relieve you lazy. all cables now need to be manually strain relieved cause they all bread regardless of what it is. so get something from ebay and strain relieve yourself. sellotape it or whatever. companies dont care, they need for tech to break so they sell more. cheers

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #4,452 of 4,956

Well, I wld say the vsd3/3S cable is thicker than the vsd1S, vsd2/2S cables.....and better in a way, especially @ the jack end (excl 1S as it's angled).
btw, don't listen to @Midgetguy any, he's already jealous on us (yeah jealous guy :wink: ), as his pair broke and didn't live for even 3-4 days,.....:wink:

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #4,453 of 4,956
make your own strain relieve you lazy. all cables now need to be manually strain relieved cause they all bread regardless of what it is. so get something from ebay and strain relieve yourself. sellotape it or whatever. companies dont care, they need for tech to break so they sell more. cheers

Whoa buddy, no need to be so hostile and calling me lazy, that's just uncalled for. Many companies make cables with great jacks and strain relief. VSonic itself used to make a cable with better strain relief. I wish they'd do that again as they're well-known for punching above their weight class in many aspects.

Well, I wld say the vsd3/3S cable is thicker than the vsd1S, vsd2/2S cables.....and better in a way, especially @ the jack end (excl 1S as it's angled).
btw, don't listen to @Midgetguy any, he's already jealous on us (yeah jealous guy :wink: ), as his pair broke and didn't live for even 3-4 days,.....:wink:

Ya caught me @Shawn71 haha
biggrin.gif
. Would still be in my stable if they had worked. VSonic holds a special place in my heart with the GR06 being my first good pair of IEMs. VSD3S was my second good IEM, just didn't last for long unfortunately.

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #4,454 of 4,956
  Ya caught me @Shawn71 haha
biggrin.gif
. Would still be in my stable if they had worked. VSonic holds a special place in my heart with the GR06 being my first good pair of IEMs. VSD3S was my second good IEM, just didn't last for long unfortunately.

:wink: Yeah angled ones wld've been so nice.....glad you have a special place for Vsonic! :beerchug:

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #4,455 of 4,956
Just got them (along with a set of MEelec M9 Classics for use in bed which I'll try out later).   Mine are the "illuminating green" version with non-detachable cable.  The foamies were missing, just the 3 sets of "gumdrops" and 1 set of dual flange.  No biggie for me as I understand the foamies would have been medium which would have been too big for me.  The smallest gumdrops give me the correct fit and seal.  I really like what I'm hearing EQ-wise (classic rock, and ambient / electronic through my vintage Samsung Yepp DAC and through my computer via the LittleDot Micro +; haven't tried it on my portable CD player / Headroom amp yet).

I admit to be a bit reticent to using the small faux velour storage bag for fear of stressing any one of the non stress relieved connections.  I know.... an over abundance of caution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back