The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
May 3, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #4,399 of 4,956
Oval L tips.....The klipsch's tip bore is so narrow,it actually looks difficult to roll on, but indubitably, it's not and need an angled insert tho.....

May 3, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #4,401 of 4,956
Well, let me say, it's not more comfortable but yes it is comfortable and it does some justice in isolation dept....To me the stock bi-flanges does the job from the Vsonic bunch.....Infact the stock bi-flanges is what I rolled on VSD2 now and really impressed with VSD2 so far,just around 6 hrs past....

Sony tips- some sell from Japan thru ebay,the ones you lookin for, link below.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sony+noise+isolation&_from=R40|R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsony+noise+isolation+earpiece.TRS0&_nkw=sony+noise+isolation+earpiece&_sacat=0

May 3, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #4,402 of 4,956
Thanks! However, after seeing the price of those somy foam stuffed I decided to decore a large comply i could never use and put it onto a large sized silicone Vsonic tip and it works great! The large sized silicone tip didnt fit before but the comply is a little big for the medium sized silicone! Very pleased.

May 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #4,403 of 4,956
Any other VSD3S users with Comply tips?  I have some T-400s, but the bore diameter is too large.  They do fit onto the nozzle snugly, but they fully seat rather than seating around the notch like the stock foams.  The T-400s seated that way don't penetrate deeply enough for my ear canals to get a good seal.

I'm considering trying the T-200s or T-100s.  Something with a significantly tighter fit.  I wonder if the P series fits these?

May 13, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #4,404 of 4,956
I emailed them just now asking for a return. I think they are a fair company LenMeUREars. It's just ******** that I had these for like 20 days before they broke. I'm worried the non detach replacements will break again. Is it possible to recable the non detach? I doubt it. 

May 22, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #4,405 of 4,956
Just received the Lunashops OFC cable which I ordered after I damaged the stock cable, and I should have looked more closely. I picked this one because it came with a right angle plug, which is a lot easier to use on phones with the 3.5mm output on top of the screen, but apparently this one doesn't come with the adjustment slider (I checked the photo on the site again for that). I was actually not looking for the mic feature as I preferred to wear the cable behind my ear, but both cables on their site had it.

Apart from the lack of, or should I say even without, the slider, I find this more comfortable than the stock cable. That one was a bit too thick for my tastes, and even with the slider it would keep rising up from behind my earlobes when I don't use the ear guides. That's also another reason why I didn't get the silver cable as it looked like it was of a similar construction. The Lunashops OFC actually stays on surprisingly well without the slider and ear guides, but given it was a bit thin I used the sliders anyway, and they not only helped the cables stay on, but I couldn't actually feel that the ear guides were even there (it doesn't try to pop out of them as much as the stock cable). I've walked around a bit and I didn't get as much microphonics as I thought I would despite not having that slider on them, but I'd probably still stick them together with electrical tape later or salvage the shirt clip from my busted MEE M6P. Of course, ergos being ergos, YMMV; although if I didn't need it as soon as I did I might have asked if they can put an angled plug on the silver. I didn't want to have to resolder myself since the tiny cable had an outer jacket and I wasn't comfortable about my chances on stripping it neatly.

As for the sound, there's some boominess in the lows in one track - like there's a bit more bass boost in the guitar or bass guitar (it actually follows the rhythm guitar notes/riff). Apart from that, no difference, but that's not a problem. At least, apart from that one track (so far), it didn't make the sound worse. If I didn't need 

OFC (what I ordered)
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4914

Silver
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4592

May 23, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #4,408 of 4,956
  So I love the VSD3 with non detach cables but mine already broke near joint and I'm irritated. I guess I will contact lendmeurears and see what they can do. These are amazing but the straight jack and strain relief are terrible. They need to redo the cabling at the edge. Don't use these to move around a lot in only use them at a desk where cabling won't get pulled. 

From a sound perspective they are amazing for ~$45 and come close to my GR07 and even better at some things. 

where? at the 3.5mm jack end?....

I emailed them just now asking for a return. I think they are a fair company LenMeUREars. It's just ******** that I had these for like 20 days before they broke. I'm worried the non detach replacements will break again. Is it possible to recable the non detach? I doubt it. 

I guess you are getting a new replacement? still that line little confuses (asking a return)...yes LMUE are good at making their customers satisfactory!

Well, if yours broke at 3.5mm jack end, Yes, it can be replaced with your preference of after-market / DIY 3.5mm jack (straight or angled) if you have a little soldering experience or can seek the help from your friend who can do it, if you can't....

May 23, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #4,409 of 4,956
Anyone with the old replaceable cable from the initial patch experiencing sound cut offs? I just recently noticed that my vsd3s' sound cuts off more and more often now. It got to the point where walking up the stairs was cutting sound off, lol. only my right earpiece is experiencing this.Think its time to upgrade for a vsd5? 

May 23, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #4,410 of 4,956
Anyone with the old replaceable cable from the initial patch experiencing sound cut offs? I just recently noticed that my vsd3s' sound cuts off more and more often now. It got to the point where walking up the stairs was cutting sound off, lol. only my right earpiece is experiencing this.Think its time to upgrade for a vsd5? 

That's a bummer :frowning2: mine are still going strong luckily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back