The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Feb 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #4,276 of 4,956
OT : Did anyone else received an 18% off coupon from LMUE ? Can it get better than this ? Or should I buy VSD3S now ? My budget is max 30$ but I wanted to buy it so much. Now is a good time I guess

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #4,278 of 4,956
Feb 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #4,280 of 4,956
  update 2\26 (it's been about two months)
my red-blue vsd3 non-detachable from LMUE is crackling T.T
it has to do with the 3.5 jack. when i touch the base of the jack the sound will become grainy. going to go see if i can get them to send me a new one
blink.gif

/edit
@krow

what do u think of recabling it? Is it worth considering? At least the jack....

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #4,282 of 4,956
  @swaroopanil
I have no idea what's going on. It stopped crackling today after a 3 day break.

The issue with mine is the wire at the beginning of the jack. The positioning of the wire at that place is causing the issue. My replacement is on its way. If they don't ask me to ship my old set back, I'll try to replace the jack and see if it works.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4,285 of 4,956
My 2 month old VSD3S (with the fixed silver cable) started dropping audio today, at the jack. Have to bend the cable sharply downwards from the mouth of the jack, in order to get output in both earpieces.

I knew from the moment I unboxed the IEM that the jack strain relief was going to give me trouble soon.

I hate straight jacks, especially poorly relieved ones like the VSD3S.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #4,287 of 4,956
Sorry to hear about all the issues those with fixed cables are having. :frowning2:

My 2 month old VSD3S (with the fixed silver cable) started dropping audio today, at the jack. -snip-

Boys, looks like two months is our magic number on these beast of earphones... I use these as my dailys. I'm a bit more lucky than u mate I can keep uninterrupted sound if I keep the cable still :/ Anyways, was fun while it lasted.rip.These are outstanding sounding earphones at this price!! Point

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #4,288 of 4,956
Got my replacement today. They seem to have changed the packaging to avoid confusion between vsd3 and vsd3s. Hope the build quality has improved though nothing has changed visibly.

Edit: They are working fine right out of the box. Fingers crossed for now.

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #4,289 of 4,956
  Got my replacement today. They seem to have changed the packaging to avoid confusion between vsd3 and vsd3s. Hope the build quality has improved though nothing has changed visibly.

Edit: They are working fine right out of the box. Fingers crossed for now.

I couldn't understand why they didn't do this in the first place. I get that the box art is the same other than the addition of a solitary S, but seriously, the cost has got to be pretty much the same right? Different cutout print vs a printed sticker with adhesive? And packaging wise it's just much nicer if the package has the correct name to begin with instead of slapping a sticker on it.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #4,290 of 4,956

I couldn't understand why they didn't do this in the first place. I get that the box art is the same other than the addition of a solitary S, but seriously, the cost has got to be pretty much the same right? Different cutout print vs a printed sticker with adhesive? And packaging wise it's just much nicer if the package has the correct name to begin with instead of slapping a sticker on it.

I guess they weren't sure about how successful each model would be (especially vsd3s). They must have played it safe that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back