The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Oct 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #3,181 of 4,956
I mailed some ear buds back to Penonaudio recently, and I think it was around $8.

Oh ok $8 not so bad, too bad these are my only IEMs right now, so I'd be out of something for my commute.  Guess I can read a book.

Oh god. I bought from lendmeurears on ebay. Hopefully this doesn't happen so because I won't buy a replacement cable for these. I'd rather save $35 for a better IEM next time.

Yeah I know, I'm going to send them back and see what happens.  Next time I'll get something different if this continues to be a problem.

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3,182 of 4,956
  Oh ok $8 not so bad, too bad these are my only IEMs right now, so I'd be out of something for my commute.  Guess I can read a book.

Yeah I know, I'm going to send them back and see what happens.  Next time I'll get something different if this continues to be a problem.

Check out the F/S forum. Someone suggested it to me and I saw an IEM that was on my radar and I scooped up for almost half price in great condition. Best buy to date

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,183 of 4,956
They came in today. Pictures for now since I'm still listening to them. They feel better than the standard cable imo (but not much) but I think for $10-15 they're worth it to keep your VSD3S around longer. 

They look good with purple it's a nice variety considering the rest of my audio collection is black-and-red. Sorry about my old table! 

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3,185 of 4,956
  ^The purples are quite nice indeed. Definitely would've gone for those if the red/blue ones didn't exist :p

When I was ordering mine Lendmeurears didn't have the red-blue in stock so I went with purple from Penon. My primary worry when buying any of the color versions was how transparent they looked in pictures(. I like a little bit of transparency but the pics made them look like those old transparent PS2 controllers they used to have. When they came in though I was VERY satisfied with the deep rich purple and haven't regretted picking them yet. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #3,186 of 4,956
Man, over a week after ordering from LMUE, mine still say awaiting shipment. Ive written 4 messages/emails now, and they said theyd ship them next day, but never did. Anyone have issues with LMUE shipping times?

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3,188 of 4,956
Keep us updated on how the silver cable holds up. I'd buy one, but they look like the same design as the stock ones and apparently they aren't very durable. I hope someone releases a solid 3rd party cable with great durability. I really don't care if its pure/plated silver. I just want them to last. 

Man, over a week after ordering from LMUE, mine still say awaiting shipment. Ive written 4 messages/emails now, and they said theyd ship them next day, but never did. Anyone have issues with LMUE shipping times?

Can't help you there, but when they actually do ship, it took about 9-10 (including weekend(s)) days to reach California.

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #3,189 of 4,956
When I ordered they were now they aren't, if I have to wait until the 18th for them to even ship ill just cancel and order the b3's

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #3,190 of 4,956
Keep us updated on how the silver cable holds up. I'd buy one, but they look like the same design as the stock ones and apparently they aren't very durable. I hope someone releases a solid 3rd party cable with great durability. I really don't care if its pure/plated silver. I just want them to last. 

After playong around with them for a few days I'm probably going to stash the silver cable for when my default one finally goes out. I think some more head-fiers are gonna be getting their cable pretty soon so they should be able to detail better how wear and tear would affect the cable.

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #3,191 of 4,956
After playong around with them for a few days I'm probably going to stash the silver cable for when my default one finally goes out. I think some more head-fiers are gonna be getting their cable pretty soon so they should be able to detail better how wear and tear would affect the cable.

How does it sound in comparison? Is it a big difference?

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #3,192 of 4,956

I'm gonna be completely honest and say at this point I don't feel comfortable going out on a limb and talking about the qualities of silver vs copper and whether it's a worthy upgrade.  I've read that silver is supposed to be "brighter" than copper but I still haven't figured out what other aspects I'm supposed to look for. I'm new to this hobby but i think its obvious you can only increase a $40-50 iem so much. I'm playing from a Nexus 5(have 320 and some flac) so keep that in mind that the veterans who have the X3's and X5's can probably get more out of the cable and have more to add to the convo. 

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,193 of 4,956

Will tell you in about a week once I get mine from Penonaudio :wink: 

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #3,194 of 4,956
guys sry for keeping asking this but i just want to make sure before making decision. Within the 12 (or 18 months) warranty, whenever our cables got issue then we can ship them back to get a new replacement for FREE right? Or do we have to PAY 35$ for a new cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back