The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #2,867 of 4,956
  i think its the tips your using. I think i know what tips your talking about i have the same for the my gr07. i think those tips make the sound more laid back, as stated above if you want more balenced in this case more upfront vocals i think you would need to try wider bore eartips

Hi Tom. Well done with your reviews! Keep the good work!

Could you recommend me some ear tips?
I'm looking for some eartips that can be used in a wide variety of IEMs and help isolate the best possible.
Those seems to be a nice kit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oval-Comfortable-Klipsch-Image-Series/dp/B00FW10UEI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0K429KQMZ5CM7Y75YS3E

I usually use the medium or big ones (extra isolation).

My Havi B3 is on the way, so I believe I'll need some for then too.
I'll take a deeper look on the Havi thead again looking for some ear tips recommendation.

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2,871 of 4,956
I find them to be a great all rounder type. Laid back and balanced, with very good separation and imaging for its price. Highs are a little splashy but can be tamed with the foam tips. I prefer the biflanges for the best compromise of details and smoothing out the high treble. The only style they don't do really well in is classical, but at this price range, not many do classical that great.. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #2,873 of 4,956
So after spending a night listening to VSD3S I absolutely LOVE these things. The timbre and rich detail is second to none at any earphone I've heard priced this low. I'm having another "these is all you need" moment and leave them tied to my Colorfly C3. Big ups to Vsonic putting in the hard yards. From the design (which I love the diamond looking shells) the detachable cable, fit, Vsonic VSD3S is the bomb!

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #2,874 of 4,956
  So after spending a night listening to VSD3S I absolutely LOVE these things. The timbre and rich detail is second to none at any earphone I've heard priced this low. I'm having another "these is all you need" moment and leave them tied to my Colorfly C3. Big ups to Vsonic putting in the hard yards. From the design (which I love the diamond looking shells) the detachable cable, fit, Vsonic VSD3S is the bomb!

I told you so. Mine is usually what I pick for commuting with the C3 and for the 37 bucks I paid I can't really complain.I just love the fit, which is second only to my N6W in ease to achieve seal and comfort. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2,876 of 4,956

Welcome to the club, man. Better late than never. You gonna write one of your patented reviews?

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #2,877 of 4,956
  They're pretty big housings, but I guess that depends how small your ears are. Most don't have a problem, but I think one guy has. What other phones have you used.

Just Apple and Beats really. I'm no expert because I don't understand 95% of the terminology used in the reviews. I'm going to let the people of this site decide what earphone I'm going to get because you guys are da real MVPs

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,878 of 4,956
  I told you so. Mine is usually what I pick for commuting with the C3 and for the 37 bucks I paid I can't really complain.I just love the fit, which is second only to my N6W in ease to achieve seal and comfort. 

They're well worth the $50 AUD I paid, a lot going from them in all regions, from bass clarity, coherency in the mids, treble detail.

Love the packaging too.

Quote:
  Welcome to the club, man. Better late than never. You gonna write one of your patented reviews?

I might do a mini review in the reviews section just to put the word out eventually.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2,879 of 4,956
  Hi Tom. Well done with your reviews! Keep the good work!

Could you recommend me some ear tips?
I'm looking for some eartips that can be used in a wide variety of IEMs and help isolate the best possible.
Those seems to be a nice kit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oval-Comfortable-Klipsch-Image-Series/dp/B00FW10UEI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0K429KQMZ5CM7Y75YS3E

I usually use the medium or big ones (extra isolation).

My Havi B3 is on the way, so I believe I'll need some for then too.
I'll take a deeper look on the Havi thead again looking for some ear tips recommendation.

thank you very much for your kind words,

I hope to have my vsd3s review up by the end of the week. So stay tuned!  been really busy the last little while.

I had those tips from my klipsch s4is and they have a very narrow bore and that really compresses the soundstage and really ups the bass response. Not that thats bad, some really like the in the head club like feel, so it depends on preference

I think the sony hybrids are my favorite silicone eartips so far they are a bit on the narrow side (nowhere near as narrow as those klipsch), so they warm up the sound a bit and the material they used is really, i don't want to say sticky but it really adheres to your ears (once they are a bit broken in and get a bit of earwax/ oil on them), that just happens with more frequent use. you can easily find it with many sony earphones (i usually source them from cheaper ones) you know its the "sony hybrids" when you look at the stem (if its either orange, green or light blue, or red (for the xs) (FAIR WARNING: not all sony earphones use hybrids so check the stem of the eartip)

heres a link (its kinda hard to see but look carefully u can see the stem here is green) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-earphone-black/2197043.p?id=1218313907548&skuId=2197043

my second favorite are the ones that come with my brainwavz s5 (their rather wide bore) and its really comfortable (so you can really play around with different sound with the eartips alone

BUT before you go out and buy anything try the green ones or the yellow ones that are with your gr06s they might be a better fit =) no use spending when the ones you have a probably really good!

I find them to be a great all rounder type. Laid back and balanced, with very good separation and imaging for its price. Highs are a little splashy but can be tamed with the foam tips. I prefer the biflanges for the best compromise of details and smoothing out the high treble. The only style they don't do really well in is classical, but at this price range, not many do classical that great.. 

i think so too! i think thats gonna be the title for my review of them! they really are great especially for the price. still waiting for vsonic to sell the replacable cable separately (hopefully with a better reinforced L shape jack) i would buy that in a heartbeat

i agree my friend! 

i especially love them on my red and blue pair (which is also clear too) i wanted to get the shure se215 for a LONG TIME and with the purchase of the vsd3s i get that similar design with the clear housing at about half the price (with more colourful flair too) with that sweet diamond design. with a similar sound signature (from memory anyway, if that carries any weight) =P

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #2,880 of 4,956

They're well worth the $50 AUD I paid, a lot going from them in all regions, from bass clarity, coherency in the mids, treble detail.

Love the packaging too.

Well, I have to admit I prefer 1S' bass but for the money vsonic almost never disappoints . Btw, I also got the R3 yesterday and surprisingly managed to get a very good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back