The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #2,506 of 4,956
  Unfortunately there's no solution for that matter (it shouldn't happen that easily so I suppose there a combination of factors) I'm afraid you have to send them to lmue back. Highly doubt they will send you another cable but who knows...

I know the straight plug might bring some troubles in the future for those using the vsd3s on the go so I decided to used heat shrink as you can see on the picture and a bit more at the ear hooks as well. 

So do you buy the heat shrink separately or you make it on your own by using some tools such as black duck tape perhaps?
Wait, Did you check on the ear-pieces (the connectors to be precise) as well? If there is a real problem at earpieces and you are messing the wrong place and good part.....I suspect the earpieces end...

I have checked that the ear-piece connectors are fine. I notice the problem on the cable near line-in jack because when i kinda moving around the cable or pull out the cable little bit, the sound is normal again, but when i do nothing with them, the sound can be so quiet.

How long LMUE usually responds the email/support ticket for warranty claim?

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #2,507 of 4,956

So do you buy the heat shrink separately or you make it on your own by using some tools such as black duck tape perhaps?
I have checked that the ear-piece connectors are fine. I notice the problem on the cable near line-in jack because when i kinda moving around the cable or pull out the cable little bit, the sound is normal again, but when i do nothing with them, the sound can be so quiet.

You buy heat shrink tubing like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Shrink-Sleeve-Tubing-Assorted/dp/B008WWC6FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408032877&sr=8-1&keywords=heat+shrink

I'm not sure how long LMUE take to respond to warranty claims, but I asked them a question about the new batch of VSD3/S yesterday and responded within a few hours.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #2,508 of 4,956

What I did was a preventive solution, I bought the tube separately. Not so sure if I used 60mm or 80mm heat shrink right now. Close to the plug, (on the cable) I put some black tape (heat tube doesn't shrink more than 3mm) 

I'm not suggesting anyone to do the same, I have no plans of selling them (although they sound pretty bad with classical music I would prefer to keep them and wait for the vsd5)

In your case, just wait for an answer from LMUE. They tend to reply fast. 

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #2,509 of 4,956
hey guys here is my impressions! Finally after tip rolling for probably the longest time i've ever spent on a single iem. but the results so far are great! and happy so far!

Gonna do a full review on these babies! and a comparsion video with the vsd3s!
here you go!

in case your wondering, what tips i mentioned in the video, its these!

the blue tips (they are the medium-large that came with the vsonic gr07be)  are are the narrow ones i mentioned, the black (medium jvc xplosive eartips) is the one i'm using atm

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #2,515 of 4,956
LMUE just responds to my email and they will send me a new replacement first before I sending them the defective item.
What a very good service.

Anyone has ever tried VSD5? Perhaps the items for trial and sample purposes which were sent to some early reviewer. Does VSD5 will available with VSD5S also and dual color combination like red-blue in VSD3S?

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2,516 of 4,956
  LMUE just responds to my email and they will send me a new replacement first before I sending them the defective item.
What a very good service.

Anyone has ever tried VSD5? Perhaps the items for trial and sample purposes which were sent to some early reviewer. Does VSD5 will available with VSD5S also and dual color combination like red-blue in VSD3S?

unfortunately the vsd5 is not out yet, and i'm pretty sure if reviewers have a sample they have to wait to share their findings until they are "officially" released. 

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #2,517 of 4,956
unfortunately the vsd5 is not out yet, and i'm pretty sure if reviewers have a sample they have to wait to share their findings until they are "officially" released. 

One thing that really intrigued me is that 'S' on the vsd models.

Someone knows for sure what it means?

I read a review from Lachlan on reddit that he compared the vsd3 and vsd3s and the S model were said to be less aggressive and better for long listening.

Is that the same for the vsd1? And the next vsds too?

There is a official info about it?

PS: my vsd3 is arriving and I'm already thinking about the vsd5. Gotta make money if I'm going to keep like this! Lol!

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #2,518 of 4,956
Well, if no one said it yet, "Welcome, and sorry about your wallet." 

Some people say it means "smooth", some say it means "super". You have to hear it and decide for yourself what it means. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back