The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #2,296 of 4,956
YMMV.
biggrin.gif

quick question tho....did you get the B3 before your VSD3S?.....

Yes.  I've got quite a few IEMs in rotation, so it's not like I'm super-accustomed to the B3 sound sig, though.  I just critically listened to both over the weekend to answer a fellow head-fier's questions about some differences between the two and noticed the difference in height and depth.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #2,297 of 4,956
Yes.  I've got quite a few IEMs in rotation, so it's not like I'm super-accustomed to the B3 sound sig, though.  I just critically listened to both over the weekend to answer a fellow head-fier's questions about some differences between the two and noticed the difference in height and depth.

Yeah ok,sure......to be frank,when I listened to my 3S it did bring out a lot of change to me compared to my other IEMs but my TF10 & B3, as i dont own yet.so its like a epic sound to me for the PO price i paid for $36....so if I were to listen B3 in first place or after my 3S purchase, my ratings would be same as you or give/take some here & there for sure,...especially on SS, i assume its an upgrade...

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #2,298 of 4,956
No amp required for 3S......any decent smartphone,daps etc can drive easily w/o any issues.....min savings of $40-50 guaranteed,if you dont own one.
biggrin.gif

aha..i just wondering if that amp will reduce a bit sibilance to nothing ? just curious,. the others tell a bit sibilance that not annoying or still tolerated but in my ear it seems annoying.. IMO 
atsmile.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #2,299 of 4,956
Yeah ok,sure......to be frank,when I listened to my 3S it did bring out a lot of change to me compared to my other IEMs but my TF10 & B3, as i dont own yet.so its like a epic sound to me for the PO price i paid for $36....so if I were to listen B3 in first place or after my 3S purchase, my ratings would be same as you or give/take some here & there for sure,...especially on SS, i assume its an upgrade...

Agree with you on P2P! Not knocking that. Just admitting that B3 isn't that much more (still well under $100) and has better SS, clarity, and clearer bass (if less overall bass presence - still think it's perfectly adequate for good all-arounder, though). VSD3S is warmer and more intimate if that's what you're after.

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #2,300 of 4,956

Yup.  Not usually the case, which is why I said take it with a grain of salt.  I noticed people mentioning good soundstage with VSD3S, which I don't agree with.  I think it's pretty average.  Again, maybe I'm crazy 
tongue.gif

Well, the the VSD3S is pretty spacious sounding, so definitely above average in this regard, especially in this price range and not intimate at all. Haven't heard the Havi, so can't comment on how it fares in comparison, so I can't say whether you're crazy 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #2,301 of 4,956
just got the brainwavz case from mp4nation and it is pretty small. can it really fit vsd3s? do I just coil up the earphone and stash them outside of the small red pouch? 

http://i.imgur.com/iJlsr9S.jpg

Well here's a picture of how I put my VSD3 S in the brainwavz case. I think some other people in this thread have this case too, please let me know how you store yours :) 
Wow I just realized the "BRAINWAVZ" logo on my hardcase is flipped upside down, weird

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #2,302 of 4,956
You've got the right idea, but I don't put mine behind the flaps. I just let it sit in the case.

As far as soundstage goes, yes, the VSD3S is above average. Now, I'd think the Havis are a lot better, based on everything I've heard about them, but listen to the right tunes and you'll hear it. Just because a headphone has a spacious soundstage, you aren't going to hear that unless you're listening to music that was produced in a way that would take advantage of that. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #2,303 of 4,956
Finally today my VSD3S arrived after almost one month. Ordered on 10th July and received by 6th August.

First impression is little bit shocked for the quite small packaging. The box itself is almost 60% smaller than GR02 Bass which i bought nearly 2 years ago.

Sound quality has wide staging is true. After listening GR02BE and change into VSD3S, they are really different. Also the sound it produces is quite loud too. I play the music in 40% using MPC + GR02BE in my notebook and when using VSD3S, i only need about 20%.

However on the other hand, when i'm playing the music with Samsung Galaxy Note 8, GR02BE has similar sound than VSD3S. To fix it, i use the bigger tip than the medium size which is put on the iem out of the box, although still the volume is not as loud as in GR02BE. If you want less bass (almost no bass at all), use the smaller tip. Bi-flange has position between the medium and bigger one for the bass quality. The foam tip produces almost same bass with the bigger one, but i dont really like the foam tip because its form can be easily damaged and not as elastic as the other tips.

Clarity is indeed also above GR02BE.
Bass is still stronger and more punchy in GR02BE if we use medium tip.

Tip usage preference from the lesser one is:
Foam tip < small tip < medium tip < bi flange tip < bigger tip

Foam tip actually produces better sound than small tip, but since its form can easily be damaged which is i don't like.

So far i'm quite satisfied with VSD3S. And after hours of burn in, hopefully i will see some improvement.

And the color of red and blue is not as clear as i thought as seen in many pictures here. Perhaps it is because the light in my room now is not that so much bright 
tongue_smile.gif

The minus is sometimes the sound become so harsh, especially in high pitch sound (i'm not really sure how to explain it in english since english is not my mother language
redface.gif
 )
Also the jack model for GR02BE is still better with L-jack than in VSD3S with straight jack. The label sticker from Vsonic near the jack is also kinda disturb.

I wonder how to release the cable from the driver / the red/blue head? I try to turn over the cable but it seems keep running over and over and won't release.

This is my first over-ear IEM and little bit difficult to put it on and off in my ear though it fits well to me by now.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #2,305 of 4,956
just got the brainwavz case from mp4nation and it is pretty small. can it really fit vsd3s? do I just coil up the earphone and stash them outside of the small red pouch? 

Well here's a picture of how I put my VSD3 S in the brainwavz case. I think some other people in this thread have this case too, please let me know how you store yours :) 

Wow I just realized the "BRAINWAVZ" logo on my hardcase is flipped upside down, weird

Well I dont think its small as you wld think...it has enough space to keep my Klipsch S5i besides S1,M5 etc......the worst part with S5i is the remote and if it fits a case/pouch why not other IEMs........and mind you bwavz S1 is another pita iem when you try accomodating inside its own case tho due to big splitter,bif 45deg angles jack and flat cable that springs out.........

And yeah,you you can keep the way you tried vsd3s(earpieces inside the meshy pocket) that way they stay intact...

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #2,307 of 4,956

When you wrap the cables (around 3-fingers), stuff it in a pocket while leaving earpieces outside handing down in the middle on top of the mesh pocket.  The reason why with other cases you need to keep earpieces at the top close to a zipper because those cases are not as deep, and you have to take advantage of that small area in the corner outside of mesh pocket.  Here, you have plenty of depth to keep headphones handing down in the middle.  I got this case as well, together with S5, and it's by far my favorite case.  Waiting now for their full size case as well, hope it will fit HP150.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #2,308 of 4,956
I wonder how to release the cable from the driver / the red/blue head? I try to turn over the cable but it seems keep running over and over and won't release.

Yeah first time its difficult for any, as most of us think we wld damage/break it.....use the link for unplugging....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/2160

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #2,309 of 4,956
  Sounds like the Havi b3 pro 1 & Vsd3s are going neck and neck, but when the havi is paired with an amp it really shines?

Just a quick 1-paragraph write up I posted yesterday about B3Pro/VSD3S/KC06A and amping: http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5640#post_10772666

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #2,310 of 4,956

When you wrap the cables (around 3-fingers), stuff it in a pocket while leaving earpieces outside handing down in the middle on top of the mesh pocket.  The reason why with other cases you need to keep earpieces at the top close to a zipper because those cases are not as deep, and you have to take advantage of that small area in the corner outside of mesh pocket.  Here, you have plenty of depth to keep headphones handing down in the middle.  I got this case as well, together with S5, and it's by far my favorite case.  Waiting now for their full size case as well, hope it will fit HP150.

So I'm doing it right? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back