The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jul 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #2,026 of 4,956
Why not order a few of these cases?  Order 3 and you will be set with free shipping/tracking?

Btw, since we are on a subject of cases, here is the one I use with my IM03 to keep memory wire from bending: http://www.amazon.com/Case-Star-Rectangle-Bluetooth-Enclosure/dp/B00GOLVYWM - very nice slick case, but a bit long.  The only negative, it took about 5 days of keeping it outside for the smell to go away (a typical chemical paint smell).  Afterwards, it's solid as a rock!  Now, I'm thinking about getting 3 of these brainwavz cases as well.  Need one for IM50 (same memory wire issue as IM03), and KC06A (that stiff wire is out of control), and W40 (the included Pelican-Vault case is way too small).

For a more secure, but a bit bulkier solution, you can also use Pelican 1010 case.  I did a quick review of it with AP100 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/721487/review-of-hidizs-ap100-portable-hifi-music-player#post_10605145

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #2,028 of 4,956
Considering you are getting VSD3S, probably Havi will be a better choice because of a different sound signature.  And since you are eyeballing E10k, you will need an amp to drive B3 Pro 1 (just get old version, that's the one everybody is raving about).  I don't have Havi, but heard a lot of great things about it.

Yeah.....but just wondering how it sounds(pcm) to older 8740s? Yet powerful enough to B3 (sound retrieval)? Fiio never disappointed in the past tho.:D

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #2,029 of 4,956
Yeah.....but just wondering how it sounds(pcm) to older 8740s? Yet powerful enough to B3 (sound retrieval)? Fiio never disappointed in the past tho.
biggrin.gif

Btw, I heard E11k is around the corner too :wink:

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #2,031 of 4,956
Yeah, it shd be end of july or anyday august,as planned.......but w/non user replaceable battery :frowning2: (nokia bl-5b battery on E11).

16hrs of run time, or something like that, promised with E11k.  Also, in some cases non-user replaceable means just not "user-friendly" replaceable.  Just like with my Nexus 7 tablet, everything is replaceable if battery kicks the bucket :wink:

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,032 of 4,956
Mine have finally arrived, I`m really enjoying them.
They DESTROY the SHE3590
My only problem is the hiss from my PC, it`s quite loud, I need to use them my cellphone. I hope when I get the E10k it gets better.
Sound is great, I`m a noob so I won`t say anything.
Let`s see if the Havi B3 is that good too 
tongue_smile.gif
 they should arrive in one month or even more 
mad.gif

Thanks to everybody here for the help.

2ih8n5k.jpg

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2,033 of 4,956
Just got my VSD3 too! First impressions when trying them out and not burned in:

1) Bass impact is pretty strong and hard hitting. Doesn't reach the deepest sub bass region, probably hitting around 35-40Hz. IMO, bass quantity wins sets such as UE900 and SE535Ltd. Should satisfy most people except bass heads.

2) Mids are clearing sounding with good clarity. Vocals can be considered slightly forward but not to the extent of upfront like SE535Ltd and ASG2. Vocals can occasionally have a slight tint of sibilance especially with female vocals probably around 5-6K region. Not a deal breaker. Vocals are very smooth and sweet.

3) Treble wise, it is very well extended but I do find it a little artificial, in a sense that it is actually being forced upon. This gave rise to unnatural timbre sounding of instruments such as hi hats and cymbals. Hopefully burning in will clean it up.

4) Detailing and separation is above average. IMO, I find it to be better than SE535Ltd but however losing out to sets such as UE900 and H300. But for the price you're paying for, it is a killer.

5) Soundstage wise, it is considered as average. Definitely not closed-in sounding, but not as wide as UE900, ASG2 or H300.

In conclusion, I find the latest introduction of VSD3 excels in areas such as bass and vocals. With good clarity and instrument separation. Definitely able to compete with much more expensive sets out there. Probably the VSD3S may have lesser bass slam making it more balanced sounding or laid back. Will have to let those VSD3S owners chime in on this. : )
Lastly, will this VSD3 dethrone the GR07 flagship model? IMO, both are clearly quite different sounding. GR07 is clearly the more refined and "mature" set. But coupled with detachable cables, more ergonomics fitting and price factor, I suppose one will be better off with the new VSD3.

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #2,034 of 4,956
Yeah, sounds about like what we thought. Kind of like the relationship between the VSD1 and S, the VSD3 has more mid-bass and hotter treble than the VSD3S. The treble on the VSD3S is a bit artificial too, and did tone down a bit (or I got used to it), but it sounds like it's smoother than the VSD3 from what you're describing. The sub-bass on the VSD3 is a bit better (can definitely feel it down to 10-15Hz) but I'd guess less slam, as you said. Glad to hear it can punch with those higher tiered IEMs. Obviously not as good, but for the money you pay, it's pretty amazing value. Thanks for the review. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #2,035 of 4,956
new headfi'er here, was actually following these VSD3's for quite a while now, finally joined for more up to date info.. :)
and now that VSD3 seems to start knocking on some doors, would like a comparison b/w VSD3 and VSD3S before settling for one.. (or even could wait for VSD5)..
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #2,036 of 4,956
@xaddictionx - great first impression!!!  What's funny, I didn't realize you were talking about VSD3, thinking it was VSD3S write-up, and started to question your comment about bass slam :)  I'm really happy to hear that "bass slam" is back with 3 vs 3S.  3S has a nice bass with relatively extended sub-bass, but that mid-bass is more rounded, slower, not as punchy.  We were all suspecting 3 will "correct" that :wink:  I'm glad upper mids/vocals are smooth and still a bit forward.  I was hoping it's not going to be too recessed, v-shaped.  From your description, upper mids sounds like they are going to be a bit warmer in VSD3 in comparison to VSD3S.

From everything you described, VSD3 sounds like a perfect match for KC06A.  Once I get VSD3, will do a direct comparison to VSD3S.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #2,037 of 4,956
Reading this thread more and more is really make me burning my wallet into the VSD3S. I have ordered one from LMUE. Perhaps will get those two and sell one that i dont like later on.
I have ordered the red-blue pair VSD3S actually from last week sale. The status is still "Departure from outward OE" since July 12. Does it mean my package is still in the customs of SG or already on the mway to my country but has not arrived yet?

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2,038 of 4,956
Now that we have a decent amount of people who own VSD3/VSD3S, the question comes down to this: was the 7 month delay worth it? IMO I say yes because this is my first pair of IEMs and for $50-60 they sure kick some ass. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2,039 of 4,956
  Now that we have a decent amount of people who own VSD3/VSD3S, the question comes down to this: was the 7 month delay worth it? IMO I say yes because this is my first pair of IEMs and for $50-60 they sure kick some ass. 

Hell yeah, dude. Delays happen, so it's no big deal. I'm just happy they're available and great value, as usual from VSonic.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #2,040 of 4,956
So you are saying it's a keeper? That says a lot about them given you have sold off quite a bit of your inventory. You are eccentric :sunglasses: but fun to see your no nonsense one line responses. I'll be getting my Red/Blue latest tomorrow if I don't miss the delivery today. Can't wait to hear for myself.

this is an old post but is that the one where one side is red and the other side is blue? 0.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back