The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jul 6, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #1,711 of 4,956
I dont have vc02 but vsd3s is best in all departments to vsd1LE. May be someone who also has vc02 could help you out......

Edit=> vsd3s.

I haven't heard the VSD3 yet (actually, no one has since we only have the VSD3S). I can tell you the VSD1 and 1S have much more bass than the VC02. The VSD1 has more midbass and is boomier, while the VSD1S has a bit deeper bass, which is tighter. The bass is not all that different but it is noticeable. I don't know if either is as clear as the VC02, as I don't know it personally, but if you're looking to upgrade, especially in the bass department, the VSD1 and 1S are good options.

The VSD3S should have bigger bass than the VC02 and people in this thread have pretty much unanimously said it's better than the VSD1 series. I can't recommend them personally as I haven't heard them yet, but Peter123 and Kova4a are both in agreement that it's the superior of the two. My ears tend to trust what they say, so I'd say the VSD3(S) is the way to go.

Hope that helps out a little.

Well, vsd1 and vsd3 are very different from the vc02 in the bass department. They both have bigger and fuller bass while the vc02 has a pretty flat bass, which is tighter and has great punch. As some people around here know I never was a huge fan of the vc02 - I liked its bass and think that overall it'a pretty clear and balanced iem but I found its treble splashy and kinda artificial sounding and soundstage-wise it's very two-dimensional and really lacking in depth.

Guys, it's awesome how friendly and helpful one can be ! Thank you all so much... I wish I also could be of this much assistance ! 
etysmile.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #1,712 of 4,956
  For those looking for comparison against the Xiaomi Pistons, keep in mind they are open back IEMs (they don't isolate that well) to some extend is not fair to make a decent comparison. The whole purpose of IEMs is to isolate a bit from the noisy environment IMO and if you don't really need isolation I don't see why would anybody prefer IEMs against full size headphones. The hard part of designing headphones are precisely making a good sound out of so many reflective surfaces in a tiny closed enclosure.

Excuse me, I know many people who prefer headphones, but I prefer IEMs just not to carry something heavy and roomy like a helmet over my head... for me, it's an enough reason.

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #1,713 of 4,956
OK, first blush the VSD3S is not bad sounding IEM that has a bit bloomy sounding bass out of the box with decent mids and slightly shrill/tinny sounding treble for cymbals. There is a bit of hollowness to the signature that will hopefully fill out with time.

They are very comfortable in my ears but I quickly switched the tips to one of my UE tips. I also tried the Sony hybrid tips as it helped tame the treble a bit.

It is to early to say whether these are giant killers or not and if so to what price point.

I will now let these cook for a couple of days to see what happens.

BTW they do Rush Red Barchetta pretty good (listening as I type) a bit hot but the bass is not bad and Geddy Lee's voice doesn't sound to shrill, guitars have a nice crunch to them.

Out of subject: I have studied English for so many years, and your post contains seven expressions I didn't know the meaning ... how funny... thanks for making me learn more !

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,715 of 4,956
Jul 6, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #1,721 of 4,956
Just got Havi B3 pro1 and VSD3S last week what I can say is both of them are very good for the price I've paid.

However I found they are totally different in term of sound signature Havi is on neutral side while VSD3S is on musical side but I do enjoy them both.

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,723 of 4,956
Just got Havi B3 pro1 and VSD3S last week what I can say is both of them are very good for the price I've paid.

However I found they are totally different in term of sound signature Havi is on neutral side while VSD3S is on musical side but I do enjoy them both.

I totally agree with you that these complete each other in a very nice way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back